• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This partnership is getting a bit annoying. Granted, they've been scoring slowly, but Australia really needs to get Bangladesh out to leave them a target of around 300-320. If this partnership keeps up, even at this rate, the Aussies could be facing a hard task.

andyc

Warnie must be hurting if Clarke was brought into the attack to replace him. Oh well, another 6/9, anyone? :D

Edit: Never mind, he was just changing ends.

Last edited:

oz_fan

International Regular
andyc said:
This partnership is getting a bit annoying. Granted, they've been scoring slowly, but Australia really needs to get Bangladesh out to leave them a target of around 300-320. If this partnership keeps up, even at this rate, the Aussies could be facing a hard task.
Yep. I think if Australia break through this partnership they will probably bowl out the Bangladesh side for under 160 and only have to chase just over 300.
In the second innings Clarke and Hayden really need to step up.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

You're not convincing anyone Aussies, if Bangladesh get bowled out within 5 overs Australia will still have a tough task.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
andyc said:
Warnie must be hurting if Clarke was brought into the attack to replace him. Oh well, another 6/9, anyone? :D

Warne looked fine when he was bowling, i think its the experiment to try left arm spin.. they same variation used by bangladesh in the form of Rafique and Enamul..

SO this is a very strategic move by ponting considering there are not tooo many over left before the end of today's play..

alternative

Thats top bowling from warnie.. that spun beatifully... sad to see no nick or hit the stumps as it just went for 4 byes.. superb..

PY

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
You're not convincing anyone Aussies, if Bangladesh get bowled out within 5 overs Australia will still have a tough task.
You tell 'em SP. :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Assuming it doesn`t rain, Australia are facing a huge task. We really need to roll the rest of them. Warne and MacGill bowling beautifully.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If Bangladesh can get a lead of 400 (not saying that they will), then Australia will be under tremendous pressure. I still think they might be able to chase that much, but it will be extremely difficult on a day 5 pitch. Australia are used to pressure, but losing a quick couple wickets against the likes of Bangladesh might induce panic, something they haven't felt before.

Australia are in a no-win situation, and Bangladesh are in a no-lose situation. Even if they go on to lose by a massive margin (8 wickets or something), they still have proven that they can compete and everyone was expecting them to lose anyway.

On the other hand, if Australia win, people would just dismiss it as 'Yea, so what?'. But if they lose.........

The cards are all set up for Bangladesh, can they take advantage?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bashar needs to have a long hard look at himself after his dismissal. That run out was one of the worst I've ever seen when you take into account the situation and the opportunity Bangladesh have in front of them. Let's not forget he's their captain as well.

alternative

yes it certainly hasn't helped austraian cause of restricting the tigers but our spinners are doing a great job...

Has anyone noticed the reaction MacGill puts up when he gets a wicket or something.. he act like a lil kid.. for me it seems to be like a Mastercard moment.. hahaha :lol:

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'd be moderately confident chasing anything under 350. That's not to say Australia will definitely get those runs, or that it will be easy, but the pitch isn't all that bad if you apply yourself, and I think 350 or less is definitely chasable for a good batting side.

Once you're looking at 400+ though, it's unbelievably hard a pitch that's doing anything at all.

oz_fan

International Regular
Stumps on Day 3
Bangladesh 5/124 and lead by 282.
The first session tomorrow is a vital one for both teams. If Bangladesh can get a lead of over 320 they will be able to pose questions of the Aussies.
Even if Bangladesh don't win this will have been their best ever test match. They have really put in a tremendous effort to have Australia on the backfoot.