• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Big innings needed from Ashraful, or this could go down the same path as that Pakistan Test, two years. Dominated the whole game until the last day when Inzi got a hundred to save them from a loss.

Blaze

Banned
chaminda_00 said:
Big innings needed from Ashraful, or this could go down the same path as that Pakistan Test, two years. Dominated the whole game until the last day when Inzi got a hundred to save them from a loss.

Hopefully this pitch falls to bits and Bangladesh can set a 350+ target. This partnership is crucial.

Blaze

Banned
Australia will win comfortably from here I feel.

The only way Bangladesh can stop this is for someone to step up and really make a name for themself and get the momentum heading back in their direction. That is very hard to do though.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I still think that if they can get it to 350, then it will largely go down to how the pitch is for the Aussie innings.

PY

International Coach
Gooooooo Bangladesh! :cool2:

Aussies wrestled control back of this game to some extent. That man Gilchrist did the trick again, pity it's against Bangladesh so it's minnow-bashing on a flat track. :p :laugh:

I reckon they'll need 250+ from the 2nd innings to be able to hope for victory. That'll give them enough runs to play with to get stuck in but too many that if they come unstuck then they'll be left open for the kill.

PY

International Coach
And this is partially where MacGill becomes a hindrance as well as a help.

Batsmen under the cosh and he serves up a buffet of a long-hop outside off and a full-toss on leg which both get dunked to the boundary and 11 off the over.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:
And this is partially where MacGill becomes a hindrance as well as a help.

Batsmen under the cosh and he serves up a buffet of a long-hop outside off and a full-toss on leg which both get dunked to the boundary and 11 off the over.
But then gets what sounds like a confident lbw shout and beats him twice.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Regarding Habibul's wicket, Clarke was superb as he had only 1 stump to aim at.. but geez Bashar was very late with grounding the bat and he was also slow between the wickets.. he just paid the price for his wicket.. grrr :@ ****es me off when captains do such mistakes when they are the onezz who set the example..

PY

International Coach
That's why I said hindrance as well as help.

Look at the facts, Aussies can't afford to leak runs. End of story. They need to keep the scoring down to Bangladesh playing good shots or taking risks.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:
That's why I said hindrance as well as help.

Look at the facts, Aussies can't afford to leak runs. End of story. They need to keep the scoring down to Bangladesh playing good shots or taking risks.
Yeah I agree. All the same, if you take out that over, he's gone for 0/11 in 6.2 overs, so hardly bad bowling. From Cricbuzz, it seems that these two are beating the bat a few times, so hopefully a wicekt won't be far away.

And just touching on the Australian innings, how good was Clarke's dismissal!? What a ball!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Lee has been just superb since the ashes, but the funny thing about this test is that this is his 1st test match in the sub-continent & after bowling in MUCH different pitches & conditions over the past 15 tests. He has struggled in this match because of a lack of experience & probably tiredness.

In Clark's case its just inexperience definately.

Dizzy is definately back, he may never be the same Gillespie of 97-2002 but its great to see him back.

Going back to this test match once Australia restrict the lead to under 350 i'll be confident of a win.