• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
So in one day 'Are' becomes 'Were' ?? Now that they have performed well against australia, they are no more rubbish ? So next time Irfan takes a fifer against them they become rubbish again ?

Did you know that Bangladesh's first innings in the test cricket was 400 ?
and where have i claimed that they still arent rubbish? zimbabwe were by and large rubbish beyond 2001, but just because they beat India it didnt change the fact that they were still far and away not test class. how they go on from here is what will show whether they are test class or not, if they can maintain some sort of consistency, and compete with as many teams as possible in the long run, then and only then will they be considered test class.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
C_C said:
Btw, even IF the bangladeshis win here, it will probably not go down as the biggest upset in cricketing history.
For one, Kenya ( a non Test nation) beating the WI in 1996 world cups was one of the major upsets...for two, the greatest upset, IIRC, was Ireland beating the impregnable West Indies....IRELAND!
I'd say a 5 day match has more shock factor than a one day match (purely because of the fact you have to sustain your play over the full 5 days, whereas with half an hour of good play you can take an ODI - heck even England managed to win an ODI recently!)

Equally it's far more shock factor than a one day friendly mid-tour.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
uh huh, and i was told to relax, obviously this crap is going to make me lose little hair i have and make me spend hours vomiting.
It's only a game.

aussie said:
GOD why couldn't these banglafools do this to some other team, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy:@
Why can't you look at people asking you to cease using such language about the side?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
1.Australia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bangladesh. This gap in power and ability may explain why its a travesty if they do lose this test & why it has nothing to do with being greedy.
No, it's not a travesty.

It's a game of Cricket.

There are people dying around the world through famine etc.

Please get some perspective.

adharcric

International Coach
aussie said:
i see marcy has just come back from work..:sleep:
Thank God he has.
I can't believe I'm saying this because he usually bags on you too much and I would defend you, but I hope he can knock some sense into you after everyone else in this thread failed to do so.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Some clean hitting by Gilchrist to bail Australia out of trouble.. Hope Bangladesh atleast bat sensibly in the 2nd innings to set the Aussies a 250+ target.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well Gilly's plan should be to just hog the strike, hit out & get Australia over 300 at least.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
great knock, but gilchrist could have waited a few more balls before going for the big one.

ah well time for breakfast..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Great bowling from Rafique, easierly his best 5-fer yet, some brilliant bowling. Should be interesting how Bangladesh bat, Gilly brought Australia back in the game, so they really need atleast 200 runs, to set a total of 350 odd.