• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting i always rated him more as FC bowler then OD, same with Johnson. Tait unlucky not to make the ODI sqaud IMO. Also Clarke back in the Test sqaud, Hodge drops back down the pecking order.

EDIT: checks stats: FC - 73@37 and List A - 21@27. Must have missed something when i've seen him bowl

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
chaminda_00 said:
Interesting i always rated him more as FC bowler then OD, same with Johnson. Tait unlucky not to make the ODI sqaud IMO. Also Clarke back in the Test sqaud. Hodge drops back down the pecking order.
Yeah, Tait is horribly unlucky. Anyway, Clarkie is in the current Test squad, mate. He'd be death-riding Martyn and Symonds, as we speak! :laugh:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
looks like australia don't want another upset with those squads chosen.

I think Ponting or Hayden will get one score over 300 for the tour.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Some very big chances of huge scores for the Australians, full-strength squads. What do you think the ODI team will look like? Hogg or Cullen?

Gilchrist
Katich
Ponting
Martyn
Symonds
Clarke
Hussey
Lee
Bracken
Cullen
Clark

?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chaminda_00 said:
Interesting i always rated him more as FC bowler then OD, same with Johnson. Tait unlucky not to make the ODI sqaud IMO. Also Clarke back in the Test sqaud, Hodge drops back down the pecking order.

EDIT: checks stats: FC - 73@37 and List A - 21@27. Must have missed something when i've seen him bowl
Cullen is not a bad bowler in the one dayers, he has a long way to go in the first class game though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised to see Shane Watson was not included in the test squad and that Kasper kept his place but it looks like Australia are not taking anything for granted. Which is a shame, should be a tour about blooding new cricketers for the future.

Even Sri Lanka resisted the temptation on their last visit to Bangladesh to field their 'proper' test team. Deciding to instead blood new (test) players such as Upul Tharanga and Farveez Maharoof.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
nice to see Cullen being selected, will be looking foward to seeing him bowl. Kind odd that Tait was left out of the OD squad, but i dunno maybe Johnson's recent pura cup performance influenced his selection, while again Watson is overlooked for the test side, dalm

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
nice to see Cullen being selected, will be looking foward to seeing him bowl. Kind odd that Tait was left out of the OD squad, but i dunno maybe Johnson's recent pura cup performance influenced his selection, while again Watson is overlooked for the test side, dalm
I will guarantee you if Symonds does not produce against Bangladesh Watson will be there for the Ashes.

Craig

World Traveller
chaminda_00 said:

IMO Hodge was harshly treated.

Craig

World Traveller
TT Boy said:
Surprised to see Shane Watson was not included in the test squad and that Kasper kept his place but it looks like Australia are not taking anything for granted. Which is a shame, should be a tour about blooding new cricketers for the future.
Which is the way it should be for any country.

No cheap Test caps.

Craig

World Traveller
Nnanden said:
I can`t see Symonds not dominating Bangladesh, if chosen.
If he doesn't then there is something wrong...

Even then if he does dominate will it tell us that he is suitable for Test cricket?

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
The squads chosen were pretty spot imo. Developing players in the one day squad and going hard in the tests.