• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TIF said:
And Marc 71178, I am not doing any injustice to the game by supporting Bangladesh, but doing a fair justice. After Ricky Ponting made bad comments about Bangladesh recently saying that Bangladesh shouldnt be playing cricket, its time Bangladesh showed Australia what they really are capable of by beating them in a test match.

Bangladesh are not minnows.
Marc was being sarcastic, TIF. He was repeating what Richard had said in the other minnow thread.

I reckon Ashraful will hit a century, or at least get close to it, in one of the ODIs or tests.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
My prediction for the series - Aftab Ahmed is going to make a ton in the Tests.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
cameeel said:
Yeah, the 201 he made today kind of pushes his case for selection doesnt it:)
If his injury is minor, of course.

EDIT: Just read that he was [only] suffering from cramps. Hooray!

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TIF said:
I am with Bangladesh for this series and this series will prove what I have been saying since they made a 300+ score in ODIs, that Bangladesh are not minnows.
Yes, they are.

Scoring 300 against Kenya proves absolutely nothing.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Why doesnt it prove anything?:wacko: A 300+ score is a 300+ score and it doesnt matter even if it happens to come against Kenya.

Since Bangladesh, managed to get that 300+ score, I have stopped calling them as minnows and look of them as a cricketing super-power now. Also, the Bangladesh-Kenya series wasnt just about Bangladesh making a 300+ score, it was the way by which Bangladesh crushed Kenya 4-0. In 3 of the matches, Bangladesh scored at over 5.5 runs an over including 2 matches of scoring at over 6 runs an over. Only 1 of the matches happened to be close, but then Bangladesh had Kenya in a non-winnable position very early and only a late flurry by Kenya reduced the margin of their defeat. In the other 3 matches, Kenya were a no match for Bangladesh. Bangladesh beat Kenya in a way any of the top teams would have.

Also, history has shown us that teams making 300+ score have usually done well in that series and also improved their level as well.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Bangladesh? Cricketing super-power?

Erm, I don't think so.

Does anyone apart from the Aussies and the Bangladeshis actually care about this series?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TIF said:
Why doesnt it prove anything?:wacko: A 300+ score is a 300+ score and it doesnt matter even if it happens to come against Kenya.
That's the whole point, it came against Kenya so proves absolutely nothing about their standing in ODIs against the Test playing nations.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
That's the whole point, it came against Kenya so proves absolutely nothing about their standing in ODIs against the Test playing nations.
Well, earlier they couldn't score 300 against anyone and the same Kenyan team used to beat them easily. This BD team has beaten Kenya as easily as any other test team does.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Just found this guy on Google Images who looks like the kind of chap who could make a return to form by destroying the Bangadeshis..

His name is Mick Lewis..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
Well, earlier they couldn't score 300 against anyone and the same Kenyan team used to beat them easily. This BD team has beaten Kenya as easily as any other test team does.
I guess so, but I still don't see how 1 300 score against a rubbish attack means that not only are they no longer minnows, but they're "a cricketing super-power"

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
I guess so, but I still don't see how 1 300 score against a rubbish attack means that not only are they no longer minnows, but they're "a cricketing super-power"
Agreed. Bangladesh are improving, but they are no cricketing super power. They are going to lose to Australia pretty convincingly, but I am sure you will see signs of improvement.

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
Well BD are nowhere near super powers but they are starting to come out of their "minnows" status.

Lets not get carried away. Most BD fans know that they will be thrashed, we'll see what happens.

All we expect from out boys is a fight, to put a price on their wicket and to bowl and field decently.

We are certainly not considering any victoriers in the test. I think if we can push it to a 4rth day we would be happy and a 5th day well you've got yourselves a winner.

But we are certainly hoping that the ODI's will be closer. We would love to beat them atleast once just to show that it wasnt a flash in the pan but thats highly unlikely.

In anycase just seeing the Australian team playing in BD is a sight in itself.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
fishyguy said:
Well BD are nowhere near super powers but they are starting to come out of their "minnows" status.

Lets not get carried away. Most BD fans know that they will be thrashed, we'll see what happens.

All we expect from out boys is a fight, to put a price on their wicket and to bowl and field decently.

We are certainly not considering any victoriers in the test. I think if we can push it to a 4rth day we would be happy and a 5th day well you've got yourselves a winner.

But we are certainly hoping that the ODI's will be closer. We would love to beat them atleast once just to show that it wasnt a flash in the pan but thats highly unlikely.

In anycase just seeing the Australian team playing in BD is a sight in itself.
Thanks for such a balanced view and post.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
I was just wondering, since Bangladesh's win over Australia last year was the #1 upset of all time, now if they beat them again, how it will be ranked? Will it be a new #1 again superceding the previous one, or it won't be on the list of 10 at all? What you guys think?