• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Good start for the deshies but the wicket is dead flat and didn't even that much with the new ball. Warne unlucky

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Bashar gets a well deserved 50, Aussie look like they are starting to give the Bangladesh more respect and not just rolling their arms over.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
RolledOver said:
Sad to see Australian team struggling to get Bangladeshis out.

Without Mcgrath this is not the same Australian team.

Bring the old man back!!
In what way is it sad to see Bangladesh putting up a fight in a Test match? Australia clearly aren't bowling very well, it's great to see Bangladesh actually being good enough to punish it these days. It's not like they've scored 160 in edges.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
In what way is it sad to see Bangladesh putting up a fight in a Test match? Australia clearly aren't bowling very well, it's great to see Bangladesh actually being good enough to punish it these days. It's not like they've scored 160 in edges.
While its great to see Bangs batting nicely, at the same time its sad to see Ozoz bowling poorly.

Certainly with the ball the Aussies looked very por so far.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
RolledOver said:
While its great to see Bangs batting nicely, at the same time its sad to see Ozoz bowling poorly.

Certainly with the ball the Aussies looked very por so far.
Personally I like seeing Australians bowling badly. :p :D

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Bashar gets a well deserved 50, Aussie look like they are starting to give the Bangladesh more respect and not just rolling their arms over.
I think Pontings field was incredibly attacking and allowed them to get off to a good start. Bangladesh have been rather lucky but have played some great shots. Good to see them progressing

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
GoT_SpIn said:
I think Pontings field was incredibly attacking and allowed them to get off to a good start. Bangladesh have been rather lucky but have played some great shots. Good to see them progressing
Again another sign why Ponting is such a bad captain, setting an overly attacking field when the score is 0/0 and not bowling MacGill, when you going for over 5 an over and only got one wicket. Everything he does is pre planned and doesn't have the abilty to change his tactics if they don't work.

cameeel

International Captain
Barney Rubble said:
It's great. Even from a biased Aussie supporter it's good to see Ponting being proven wrong about his test match status comments.

Having said that, i still want Australia to win, just not by an innings or anything.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chaminda_00 said:
Again another sign why Ponting is such a bad captain, setting an overly attacking field when the score is 0/0 and not bowling MacGill, when you going for over 5 an over and only got one wicket. Everything he does is pre planned and doesn't have the abilty to change his tactics if they don't work.
Yeah I agree with that. And MacGill still hasn't bowled. Come on Punter, he's not in the team for his batting! At least the run rate has slowed down a bit now.
And now, of course, Warne comes onto bowl even though he's gone for more than six an over, and MacGill hasn't had a bowl all day.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Yeah I agree with that. And MacGill still hasn't bowled. Come on Punter, he's not in the team for his batting! At least the run rate has slowed down a bit now.
And now, of course, Warne comes onto bowl even though he's gone for more than six an over, and MacGill hasn't had a bowl all day.
Terrible over first up from warne, apart from the last delivery which could of caused some trouble. Even though i hate MacGill i am suprised that he hasn't been bowled yet.

Also now ponting has gone to some ultra-defensive field setting, dizzy had one slip and warne had a point on the boundry..

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh come on Ponting! He brings on Lee instead, who gets hit for four from his second ball. Hey here's an idea, try the guy who hasn't bowled yet...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Oh come on Ponting! He brings on Lee instead, who gets hit for four from his second ball. Hey here's an idea, try the guy who hasn't bowled yet...
Clarke obviously

adharcric

International Coach
This is so beautiful. That rainout at Guwahati almost ruined my night, but seeing that the "below test-class" Nafees and Bashar are bashing Ponting's Aussie boys around has made up for that. Why can't Ponting get the wicket of such mediocre batsmen now?:dry: