Cricket Player Manager
Page 101 of 152 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2278

Thread: **Official** Australia in Bangladesh

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    It may be valid for England, because England are not minnow, they are claiming themselves as the second best test team. So they have to prove that they can be fairly successful in the subcontinent (which they were).

Bangladesh are still a minnow and steadily improving and to expect them to perform @ the same level @ a particular venue is STUPID. It stinks of his unwillingness to back down from his previous stand on this issue.
    Really?

I thought that it was the ICC rankings that were claiming that.

Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Thanks for pointing that out Eddie, but considering the regard(or lack of it) most people on this forum have for ICC Rankings, I dont think I am much off.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by crickmate
    Arrogant Ponting (February 2005): Bangladesh does not deserve the test status. Its a waste of time playing against them.

Arrogant Ponting (April 2005 before the test match): Maybe I was wrong. Bangladesh deserve the test status. They are improving. But we will see how much they have actually improve in this test match.

Arrogant Ponting (right after the test match): Yeah, they have really played well. But I would love to see how they go in Australia.

This guy is a joke. Never out of excuses. On the other hand a great comment by a great captain:

Steve Waugh: "The positive to come out of it has been Bangladesh. It's been great for them. They'll get so much confidence out of a performance like that. It could well be the turning point for cricket in that country. I think those positives outweigh the negatives for us. This will strengthen world cricket. You're really seeing the birth of a cricketing nation."

Ponting should really learn how to talk or should shut up as Wasim Akram said.

Just keep taking quotes out of context. Well done
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

would be nice to see Cullen playing in the second test.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    A better tip - Stop defending a jerk.

Ponting just doesn't know where to stop, does he ? Statements like 'oh you played well here but we will see if they can play well @ perth' kind of prove that he still isn't willing to give the respect Bangladesh deserves. It's like Bhajji saying to Ponting,,,'Yeah Ricky I know you can score all over the world, but I will consider you good only if you could score in India'.
    But that isn't what he said, for God's sake.

Think about it. The statement "I'd like to see how they go at Perth" has two different meanings, depending on the context.

It could mean "they aren't really any good, and they'd be awful in Australia", or it could mean "they've improved a long way and it would be interesting to see how they went in different conditions now". If you watched Ponting's interview, it was perfectly obvious which he meant.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

A better tip - Stop defending a jerk.

Ponting just doesn't know where to stop, does he ? Statements like 'oh you played well here but we will see if they can play well @ perth' kind of prove that he still isn't willing to give the respect Bangladesh deserves. It's like Bhajji saying to Ponting,,,'Yeah Ricky I know you can score all over the world, but I will consider you good only if you could score in India'.
    well i dont think he was being harsh or implying that he isn' t yet willing to them respect, did you even see the interview. I doubt it based on this statement. If Ponting had said ``they were good hear since they were at home, but they got to still prove themselves overseas, but overall i think they challenged so much because the boys are tired after a long season`` - that would have been total arrogance.

His statement that he actually made is pretty fair because even though they played very well many of their batsmen other than Nafees and probably Bashar have poor technniques and if they go overseas in seaming conditions (Eng, NZ, SA or the hard pitches in Australia, question marks still remain.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    You're missing the point guys....

Aussies = Devil

Quote Originally Posted by KaZoH0lic
    You're missing the point guys....

Aussies = Devil
    Close.

aussie = Red Devil (scum) supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Close.

aussie = Red Devil (scum) supporter.
    damn, what a shame, bust a cap in my a**

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    I find it amazing that the second test begins tomorrow. Australia have effectively played five back-to-back tests now, and the likes of Lee and Warne have played all of them.

Anyway, I think the ideal lineup for tomorrow would be to rest Lee and replace him with Cullen. Even though Chittagong is meant to be more seamer friendly, you'd have to expect similar conditions, and if someone is going to be drafted into the side it may as well be Cullen. The presence of two other spinners would reduce the workload on Warne somewhat, also.

The more likely thing however is that Symonds will come in for Warne, and probably Johnson or Bracken for Lee. Symonds will be relied on to be the second spinner if one is needed, and Gillespie and Clark will take the new ball. In that case I'm not too fussed about which seamer is picked. Bracken is deserving, but I'd also like to have a decent look at Johnson.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    I hope Shane is fit and can bowl. It'd be good if Lee could rest, from all reports, he's really tired. Bracken in for Lee.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Enamul likely to be out with finger injury; Abdur Razzak in squad

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    damn, what a shame, bust a cap in my a**
    Credit where credit's due, I always say.

Oh, and congratulations on learning how to spell 'damn' correctly

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Credit where credit's due, I always say.

Oh, and congratulations on learning how to spell 'damn' correctly
    yeah. and "a" as well
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    would be nice to see Cullen playing in the second test.
    I bet Shahriar thinks likewise. It's supposedly called Test cricket for a reason.

Thread Information