• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

crickmate

U19 12th Man
I totally agree with you. Manjarul Rana is way better than him, in both bat and ball. He was Man of the tournament against Zimbabwe and have a 60+ score opening against Newzealand. I just hope Razzak proves me wrong.

FaaipDeOiad said:
Nothing wrong with the side, though surely there's someone better than Abdur Razzak? He looked terribly ordinary in the test he played, and it's not as though he can bat or field to earn his place in the ODI team.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bangles win the toss and bat

Edit:
And the teams--

Bangladesh team:
Shahriar Nafees, Rajin Saleh, Aftab Ahmed, Mohammad Ashraful,
*Habibul Bashar, Tushar Imran, +Khaled Mashud, Mohammad Rafique,
Mashrafe Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel.

Australia team:
+AC Gilchrist, SM Katich, *RT Ponting, A Symonds, MJ Clarke,
MEK Hussey, GB Hogg, B Lee, NW Bracken, DJ Cullen, MG Johnson.

Clarke still in despite head injury.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Ponting has seven (not five or six, mark you, but seven) players capable of bowling ten overs, and he tosses the ball to Mr. Cricket.

Logical?

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Ponting has seven (not five or six, mark you, but seven) players capable of bowling ten overs, and he tosses the ball to Mr. Cricket.

Logical?
Errm no.

A lighter work load for Lee in a meaningless game makes sense but you would think he would at least toss the ball to Symonds for the medium pie quota. We don't need Symonds' offies with Cullen and Hogg in the side.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LongHopCassidy said:

Logical?
Just what I was thinking, stupid captaincy from Ponting (again).

Anyway, to anyone watching, how's Cullen bowling?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
LongHopCassidy said:

Logical?
Who are the seven? I'm coming up a few short.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Just what I was thinking, stupid captaincy from Ponting (again).

Anyway, to anyone watching, how's Cullen bowling?
Remarkably well. Two maidens to start, little bit of turn and very good flight and length. Bashar looks very uncertain. Obviously has to keep it up for the whole spell, but Vettori would have been proud of those two overs.

Mitchell Johnson was alright, certainly better than he has ever bowled before for Australia. He went for five an over but much of that comes from some no balls and leg-side stuff in his first two overs. After he settled down he was good, and beat the bat regularly. Good bounce and pace and the odd ball moving off the seam too.

Very exciting as an Australian fan to see Lee reversing the ball inside the first 20 overs, and also bowling well on a flat subcontinent deck. Whatever Wasim Akram told him seems to have made a difference. Seems to have developed a different slower ball to his usual "drop 50 kph from the back of the hand" one, and was cutting the ball off the wicket like Bracken. Then he got Aftab out with a very good one.