• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Minnow do you support and why

Which Minnow team do you support

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

What-A-Player

School Boy/Girl Captain
I am obviously talking about ODI's

My vote goes to Kenya. A team with lot of potential but are not backed up as well

Naughty replies are obvious, but take it easy

godofcricket

State 12th Man
I support Bangladesh ATM, i think they have got alot of potential!!!! Most of their players are very young and in 3 to 4 years time they will be atleast like the West Indies (current team) as they would have experience aswell , and i reckon they will get alot of success in the coming future.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Bangladesh have the potential with all the young players they get, but I personally back Kenya.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bangaldesh for me. They're a struggling team, no doubt, but they've got some talent that should come good in a few years, and they can pull off a win every few months. And, unlike Zimbabwe, they're definetely heading in the right direction.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Bangladesh.. I have seen them play, they have alot of potential.. they are under alot of pressure from other international teams to perform well.. they are improving by the game.. i just seem to enjoy the likes of Kapali, Ashraful, Mortaza and now Nafees of late..

Used to enjoy Zimbabwe's cricket but have lost interest with the politics within the team and its management..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ireland, Scotland and Holland.

Zim and Kenya have had too much destructive internal cricketing politics to deserve anyones support and Bangladesh has enough people that they don't need me.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Netherlands.

Who can't support a team with such names as van Noortwijk, van Bunge, Seelaar, Stelling, ten Doeschate, Schiferli, Scholte, van Troost, Lefebvre, van Oosterom, Zuiderent...go the real minnows. :happy:

adharcric

International Coach
Bangladesh. Tons of potential there with batsmen like Shahriar Nafees, Mohammad Ashraful and Aftab Ahmed, a wicketkeeper like Mushfiqur Rahim and bowlers like Mashrafe Mortaza and Enamul Haque Jr.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anyone who seriously "supports" a substandard side just for the sake of supporting them is doing the game a great disservice.
I love seeing the substandard sides get thrashed, by whoever of the up-to-standard sides, but sure as hate to see those games being classified ODIs and if I had the chance I'd strip that status of every single one of them.
Kenya's progress in WC2003 was one of the many things that made it such a terrible tournament.
Substandard sides, obviously, have their place in competitions like the World Cup but there's no reason whatsoever to classify the games "ODI".

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
Anyone who seriously "supports" a substandard side is doing the game a great disservice.
I love seeing the substandard sides get thrashed, by whoever of the up-to-standard sides, but sure as hate to see those games being classified ODIs and if I had the chance I'd strip that status of every single one of them.
Kenya's progress in WC2003 was one of the many things that made it such a terrible tournament.
Substandard sides, obviously, have their place in competitions like the World Cup but there's no reason whatsoever to classify the games "ODI".
so if it was up to you the only test sides in history would be England and Australia?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Anyone who seriously "supports" a substandard side is doing the game a great disservice.
How dare they support their home country!

The Bangladeshis, well, they should all cheer for India, the Kenyans should be upset when they do well.

Hasib

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Bangladesh....thats where my parents are from... but besides that they are a side that has imporved a lot recently unlike the other two

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Unlike Richard I (in common with a lot of Brits, I suspect) generally root for the underdog in any sporting comp, unless a team I actively support is playing them. The Ashes aside, one of the greatest moments of last summer was the Banglas getting up to beat the Aussies in that ODI. I think you'd have to have a pretty stony heart not to say "fair play" to them.

On a more parochial note, I would like to see Scotland, Ireland & Holland do well at the WC. All Europeans together & all that!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
The Bangladeshis, well, they should all cheer for India
Seeing as they were East Pakistan until the 70's, I don't think that's appropriate, either.

Scotland for me. Makes sense to support a country where my dad comes from rather than some random Asian/African country.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I support Bangladesh because the game means so much to their people.

It's not fair really, they have double the support of most countries, yet have only half as good a side.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jamee999 said:
How dare they support their home country!

The Bangladeshis, well, they should all cheer for India, the Kenyans should be upset when they do well.

Err, clearly I meant "who isn't from the respective country. 8-)