• Bangladesh

25 67.57%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Minnow do you support and why

School Boy/Girl Captain What-A-Player's Avatar
    Villa Real de la Santa Fé de San Francisco de Asis

Which Minnow do you support and why

I am obviously talking about ODI's

My vote goes to Kenya. A team with lot of potential but are not backed up as well

Naughty replies are obvious, but take it easy

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Why aren't Sri Lanka on that list, we so crap we have to quailfy for the Champions Trophy?
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

I support Bangladesh ATM, i think they have got alot of potential!!!! Most of their players are very young and in 3 to 4 years time they will be atleast like the West Indies (current team) as they would have experience aswell , and i reckon they will get alot of success in the coming future.
    Wasim Akram: The most sKiLlFuL bowler in history!

Mcgrath said he is fond of the genius "Akram would power through the crease and do whatever he wanted with the old and new ball"

Allan Border "If I ever get a chance to be reborn as a cricketer, I would want to be Wasim"

Richards, Tendulkar and Waugh described Akram as the most dangerous bowler they had ever faced.

> > > Wasims Magic Delivery. Late Swing. Hatrick. < < <

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Bangladesh have the potential with all the young players they get, but I personally back Kenya.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Bangaldesh for me. They're a struggling team, no doubt, but they've got some talent that should come good in a few years, and they can pull off a win every few months. And, unlike Zimbabwe, they're definetely heading in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    New Zealand for me.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Bangladesh.. I have seen them play, they have alot of potential.. they are under alot of pressure from other international teams to perform well.. they are improving by the game.. i just seem to enjoy the likes of Kapali, Ashraful, Mortaza and now Nafees of late..

Used to enjoy Zimbabwe's cricket but have lost interest with the politics within the team and its management..

Ireland, Scotland and Holland.

Zim and Kenya have had too much destructive internal cricketing politics to deserve anyones support and Bangladesh has enough people that they don't need me.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Netherlands.

Who can't support a team with such names as van Noortwijk, van Bunge, Seelaar, Stelling, ten Doeschate, Schiferli, Scholte, van Troost, Lefebvre, van Oosterom, Zuiderent...go the real minnows.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Bangladesh. Tons of potential there with batsmen like Shahriar Nafees, Mohammad Ashraful and Aftab Ahmed, a wicketkeeper like Mushfiqur Rahim and bowlers like Mashrafe Mortaza and Enamul Haque Jr.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Anyone who seriously "supports" a substandard side just for the sake of supporting them is doing the game a great disservice.
    I love seeing the substandard sides get thrashed, by whoever of the up-to-standard sides, but sure as hate to see those games being classified ODIs and if I had the chance I'd strip that status of every single one of them.
    Kenya's progress in WC2003 was one of the many things that made it such a terrible tournament.
    Substandard sides, obviously, have their place in competitions like the World Cup but there's no reason whatsoever to classify the games "ODI".
    Last edited by Richard; 25-03-2006 at 04:51 PM.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Anyone who seriously "supports" a substandard side is doing the game a great disservice.
    I love seeing the substandard sides get thrashed, by whoever of the up-to-standard sides, but sure as hate to see those games being classified ODIs and if I had the chance I'd strip that status of every single one of them.
    Kenya's progress in WC2003 was one of the many things that made it such a terrible tournament.
    Substandard sides, obviously, have their place in competitions like the World Cup but there's no reason whatsoever to classify the games "ODI".
    so if it was up to you the only test sides in history would be England and Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Anyone who seriously "supports" a substandard side is doing the game a great disservice.
    How dare they support their home country!

The Bangladeshis, well, they should all cheer for India, the Kenyans should be upset when they do well.

Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Hasib's Avatar
    Bangladesh....thats where my parents are from... but besides that they are a side that has imporved a lot recently unlike the other two

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Unlike Richard I (in common with a lot of Brits, I suspect) generally root for the underdog in any sporting comp, unless a team I actively support is playing them. The Ashes aside, one of the greatest moments of last summer was the Banglas getting up to beat the Aussies in that ODI. I think you'd have to have a pretty stony heart not to say "fair play" to them.

On a more parochial note, I would like to see Scotland, Ireland & Holland do well at the WC. All Europeans together & all that!
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information