• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whatever happend to?

masterblaster

International Captain
Simon Doull (NZ)
Moin Khan (PAK)
Scott Muller (AUS)
Gavin Robertson (AUS)
Alan Mullally (ENG)
Henry Olonga (ZIM)

Especially Moin Khan, this guy was an outstanding Keeper/Batsman, about 50 times better than Latif, what happend to him?

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Doull is still playing First class cricket for Northern Districts. He had back problems so now instead of opening the bowling he has been opening the batting as a pitch hitter. He is still doing some bowling but not to the same effect.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
gavin robertson is now a comentator in australia and scott muller struggles to make the qld side.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Moin is by no stretch of the imagination 50 times better then latif.

Latif is streets ahead of moin with his wicket keeping skills (which is primarily what WK are for in the team)

Moin in my view was in the team more so because of his agressive batting.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Doull is a fantastic pinch hitter for ND. Boy does he smack the ball about.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Originally posted by Tamara
Doull is still playing First class cricket for Northern Districts. He had back problems so now instead of opening the bowling he has been opening the batting as a pitch hitter. He is still doing some bowling but not to the same effect.
According to the ND site...Doull spent a season in Holland and is considering retirement

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mullally still plays for Hampshire, England just decided that they would look at younger players for the World Cup in Tudor and Kirtley, Mullally and Ealham's job was to bowl straight and dry up the scoring in the mid-part of the innings but Ealham seemed to just loose effectiveness with the ball and despite keeping the runs down he didn't take many wickets, Steve Waugh hitting him for 2 4s in the last over of a ODI to win it for Australia didn't help either, Mullally was poor in the field, couldn't bat and also seemed to loose some effectiveness, he seems to bowl too much the same though and yet he takes his county championship wickets for Hampshire at under 20...an enigma

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Henry Olonga is still 'quite' young and can certainly come back because you can never quite ignore such talent but he certainly got to get his act back together to be more consistent.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he is a really good bowler when on-song! 2 other players to be added to the "Where are they now" list are the Strang Brothers, I heard Bryan went off to another country but I'm not sure which, and Paul has given up Professional Cricket, What a waste! I'm sorry this is polictical but its appauling what Mugabe's doing to his national team's chances...he's already got rid of Huckle, Johnson and Goodwin and now these 2, who next? I'm amazed Heath Streak hasn't run off yet! I mean would you stick around and even captain your country when your dad is being prosocuted by the government because he wouldn't leave his farm? Its a pity its come down to this.

Kimbo

International Debutant
I watched a game at jade stadium, zim vs canterbury.
henry olonga was looking super intelligent reading a book while zim were batting. he had his glasses on and all