• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australias "Shock Selection" for ODI

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Every ODI series they make one "shock" selection - calling up an inexperienced player usually...last season it was Bracken and then Noffke for the Ashes series.

Who do you think it will be this year?

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Considering they'll be trying to pick their 2003 World Cup squad this year, I'd go with one of three players: Brad Williams, Shane Watson, or Michael Clarke.

I'd have said Cameron White, but he's going to the Under 19 world cup, so that rules him out...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
sear\n obviously does not know anything about cricket - anyone who plays Australian domestic cricket and score that many runs in a season and then goes to england for the first time and scores well over 2000 runs in 15 or 16 games in county (Langer, Hayden, Law, S Waugh, Boon, Divenito, cox and many others have not done this) he is also improving on the one day form of the game is not overrated

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just a personal opinion! All this fuss and he's never delivered!

And btw, any Aussie can go and slaughter the poms. Just because you're a fan of his doesnt mean you have to criticise my OPINION.

Craig

World Traveller
Prince EWS said:
To be fair it was five years ago and I guess you could say he was over-rated back then (as in he was stuggling to keep of his then-ACB contract where he was contracted for a year, have a poor year lose it, have a strong summer without and then get one and repeat the process), obviously not now though.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Craig said:
To be fair it was five years ago and I guess you could say he was over-rated back then (as in he was stuggling to keep of his then-ACB contract where he was contracted for a year, have a poor year lose it, have a strong summer without and then get one and repeat the process), obviously not now though.
Haha yeah. I was just reading some of the old threads and I thought the Hussey argument was quite interesting considering what eventually happened.

Hussey obviously wasn't over-rated. Well done to Andrew though. :p

brockley

International Captain
Nathan brakken was a huge surprise when he got called up for the VB series some years ago it was like a bolt out of the blue.