• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

your Highest ever score

prossj

Cricket Spectator
I jast wanted to know what everyone's highest score in backyard cricket is. And the highest average

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Well, Im working on bettering 11, im not far away from doin it either, my batting has got alot better and next time i play im certain to get 12+

PhoenixFire

International Coach
We used to play it in my school at lunchtimes, and it was fairly serious, people got very angry about it, and we kept records in a book and so on. I beat the school record of 270*, and made 290*, but it came the end of term.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
109. That's the only time I've ever passed 50 in any form of the game. Innings of my life - nightmarishly short pitch, hyper aggressive bowler, stupidly restricted back yard.

Can't get past 20 in my digs at the NCC these days. Stupid "one hand, one bounce rule" :@

Stumped

Banned
Yes! i did it i beat my previous high score of 106, i smashed it! a new high score of 160, i played beautiful cover drive about 20 cm off the ground and hit the dog on the full and that ended my best innings ever! i now hold the record for the highest score in my backyard:laugh:

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
We play on a rectangular playground at school. And concequently runs are only scored (boundary wise) straight behind the bowler. So my top score of 41 is quite good considering im a cutter and puller. Tennis ball on concrete doesn't help , because you can't drive. I've seen someone hit 244* out there though.

shortpitched713

International Captain
150. Played in a garage left-handed. Up the off-side garage stairs was 4, and I was mainly a leg-side hitter so I switched to left handed. I was young at the time, but I do remember liberal application of the sweep shot, one that I tend to struggle with now.