• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A question for the Aussies.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I have played with one very good Australian of Chinese ancestry and another good player from the UK. There are also guys like Richard Chee Quee amongst others.

My question is:
Are there 1st and 2nd generation Chinese and Filipino cricketers (+other orientals) coming through the cricketing ranks and acheiving success?

If anyone has any info for other countries I would love to know.

Its a topic of interest to me and I am very interested to hear about players who become very profficient in a sport that they have little/no family history of.

Its not quite what I am looking for in this thread (as Im mainly looking for Oriental players) but the background of the Aussie U'19 captain makes for an interesting story and I am interested in the impact of South East Asians on Australian cricket.

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
I had created a thread on this a while ago... It got locked due to some rascist comments.. But I'll try and find a link .. It has some interesting stuff...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks for the link.

I got to 1/2 way down page 5 before I got fed up with how it degenerated into something with no relevance to the topic.

Not sure how racist it was but guys were going nowhere with their arguements.

Still, in answer to my question, are there any guys coming through?