• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best cricketer right now.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blaze said:
"best cricketer right now" is a stupid topic though... Kyle Mills and James Franklin both just took 6 wickets in a Test match, does that make them the best bowlers right now?
No, they're a pair of half-decent players by New Zealand standard (but only 'great' if you judge them against Scott Styris)

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
ROFLMAO!!!!

Since when is 30 young?
When you're 80, sitting in a rest home dribbling into your apple puree and waiting for an orderly to come and wipe your bottom.

Dick Rockett

dontcloseyoureyes said:
Don't get around the internet much, do you?
I've been using the net for well over 10 years and have no idea what that particular shorthand stands for. Richard seems to be the sort of guy that values fully formed and constructed sentences - there's nothing wrong with that :)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
mundaneyogi said:
When you're 80, sitting in a rest home dribbling into your apple puree and waiting for an orderly to come and wipe your bottom.
I can't wait for those days, I have to pay through the nose down at the parlour currently.

Dick Rockett

Richard said:
Except most 80-year-olds aren't remotely close to being in said situation.
Umm, it was a throwaway, light hearted bit of banter - not meant to be taken seriously. 8-)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
mundaneyogi said:
My personal habits are none of your business, thank you. ;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
mundaneyogi said:
Umm, it was a throwaway, light hearted bit of banter - not meant to be taken seriously. 8-)
Except that I find it very far from light-hearted, and in fact rather insulting.

Dick Rockett

Richard said:
So... what was the point in complaining about it then?
Carrying on with this one-line bickering is pointless. The initial argument wasn't. Perhaps we should get back to the topic at hand.

Bondy!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
mundaneyogi said:
Carrying on with this one-line bickering is pointless. The initial argument wasn't. Perhaps we should get back to the topic at hand.
Whose fault was it we departed from the topic at hand?

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Bondy! Bondy! Bondy!

If only he could stay in the team for more than five minutes, the man would become an absolute cult figure in this country.

"Ow! My foot/back/hip/groin/stomach/dehydration/heat stroke!"

billie424

Cricket Spectator
DanielFullard said:
Pointing
Hayden
Dravid
Hussey
Flintoff
Dilshan
Warne
Sreesanth
Hoggard
Kumble
Akmal

Probably my "World XI" at this point in time

What is this ..
i mean no regular opener and Sreesanth and no shoiab Akhtar... and where did dilshan come from... Inzi is GOD in front of Dilshan no Mcgrath no Gilli... hoggard although has performed against the Indians but even then he certainly doesnt deserve a place in the world XI side ...

Player of the Year PONTING
then
FLINTOFF
then
DRAVID
and then
INZI

YOUNG PLAYER
ASIF
MUNAF
MONTY PENESAR

open365

sirjeremy11 said:
Bondy! Bondy! Bondy!

If only he could stay in the team for more than five minutes, the man would become an absolute cult figure in this country.

"Ow! My foot/back/hip/groin/stomach/dehydration/heat stroke!"
I'd agree with that, it's a shame out of the 3 really quick bowlers(Lee, Akthar and Bond) the most inneffective one is the only one that stays fit.