• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best cricketer right now.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Richard said:
I mean, you even got my hyphenating of catchphrases!
Brilliant.
(One thing I'd say - 1998-2001 was actually a time during which a change in pitches happened. You'd have done better to say "the 1954-1967 period" or something)
Yeah I've noticed the hyphens :)

Oh well, maybe next time I'll get the dates pat.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
DanielFullard said:
Pointing
Hayden
Dravid
Hussey
Flintoff
Dilshan
Warne
Sreesanth
Hoggard
Kumble
Akmal

Probably my "World XI" at this point in time
Um, Sreesanth makes your World XI?

Thats a joke right?

The man might be a decent bowler in the future, but now he has played two test matches.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
marc71178 said:
ROFLMAO!!!!

Since when is 30 young?

And that its hard to call Munaf the 'best young' after two test matches. Yuvraj Singh is only 24, so I guess he might count. But I am still not convinced about his Test quality.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Francis said:
I personally think Freddie's the only choice.

Warne (my pick for cricketer of the year 2005), hasn't had a great time against South Africa as Ohtani's Jacket mentioned in another thread. Murali's evelated himself to the world best bowler on the ICC rankings, yet it happened after he played Bangladesh. He struggled in Australia and isn't quite what he was in 2000-01. McGrath isn't playing. Inzamam has to be up there... terrific batsman. You could mention Hayden if you were desperate. Ponting's close to Freddie, but Freddie can do both and it puts him ahead.

If I were forced to pick a number two it would be Shaun Pollock - who in a pretty good team, is far and beyond their best player.

1. Flintoff
2. Pollock
3. Ponting

... would be my top 3 considering the last three or so months.
1. Flintoff
2. Warne
3. Dravid
4. Ponting
5. Parthiv Patel 8-)

My picks.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And 7\11\any-year has particular resonance for marc personally... (though it'll be bigger still in 2008)