• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC Inter-continental cup 2006

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Bump, because Kenya and Bermuda are restarting the cup with a game on Sunday.

Results since the last game, when Ireland eased to victory over Namibia:

Group A: Scotland (9pts, 265 & 24/4) drew with Ireland (3pts, 174). The "weather-affected draw" rule was invoked to give both teams 3 points. Niall O'Brien got banned for insulting an umpire. Scotland lead the group, Namibia are eliminated, while UAE will have a tricky trip to Namibia in December - a win is required, otherwise Scotland will block their way to the final on a flat Sharjah wicket come January.

Group B: Canada (20pts, 235 & 286) beat Kenya (0pts, 231 & 265). Kiwi Geoff Barnett (136) and Umar Bhatti (10/147) shared the Man of the Match award, as Canada pulled out a rather sensational victory, which suddenly made the 2004 finalists favourites in the group.

Canada (20pts, 588 & 60/1) beat Bermuda (0pts, 334 & 310). Cracking batting - showing that even lower-level batsmen can have the patience to buck up and score runs - and once more it went into the final session. Canada were never really threatened, however, and now have a hefty 34-point lead over Netherlands. Kenya are as good as dusted; Bermuda have a theoretical chance, but need a win in Kenya, and I simply don't think their bowlers are good enough to take 20 Kenyan wickets including Steve Tikolo and Hitesh Modi, probably the two best Associates batsmen going around at present.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If Kenya don't win this match and the One Day Series 3-nil, they need to start having a serious look at themselves. Bermuda a pretty crap.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Bermuda have hemp remember, who'll be a cut above everyone except maybe tikolo. Infact bermudas batting is very strong, its the bowling thats the problem, too much medium pace now that obrien is gone.

A thread should be started for the kenya series btw

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kenya should really be cleaning up this tournament, but it's good to see a fair bit of competition between these sides.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Squads

Kenya:
Steve Tikolo, Thomas Odoyo, Peter Ongondo, Maurice Ouma, Tony Suji, Tanmay Mishra, Nehemiah Odhiambo, Hiren Varaiya, Lameck Onyango, Jimmy Kamande, Collins Obuya, David Obuya, Rakeb Patel, Malhar Patel

Bermuda:
Irving Romaine, Dean Minors, Janeiro Tucker, Saleem Mukuddern, Stephen Outerbridge, Hasan Durham, Dwayne Leverock, Clay Smith, Ryan Steede, Malachi Jones, Kevin Hurdle, Kwame Tucker, Rodney Trott, Stefan Kelly, David Hemp

As mentioned before David Hemp inclusion could be a major boost for Bermuda. The battle between him and Tikolo will be interesting.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Perm said:
Kenya should really be cleaning up this tournament, but it's good to see a fair bit of competition between these sides.
should, but won't.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The inclusion of David Hemps is a big positive for Bermuda but I still think they might be outclassed by Kenya, hopefully I'm proven wrong and the games are tight.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya is overrated by a lot of people.
the fact that a medicore dutch team got them into problems, says so much imo.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well, Kenya are certainly winning this match. 50/5 at lunch. Hemp came in at four, got caught behind for 3, and veteran Thomas Odoyo has three for 20. Youngsters Odhiambo and Varaiya have a wicket each.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
sorry make that 133 & 60-3. Bermuda not out of it yet, cricketeurope hasnt updated the scorecard though so hopefully tikolo is one of those wickets

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
I dont know if bermuda played any warm up games, but it seems a bit ridiculous they travelled half way round the world to go straight into a test match style game. Surely a one day warm up would have improved their performance imesurably.
There has been a real trend that the home side wins very often in these icc games... surely thats a hint that warm ups are needed

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
4th day rained out aswell, drainage cant be very good, or maybe its the rainy season, it was stupid planning if it is!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The match between Netherlands and Bermuda just started, or should i say the Ryan ten Doeschate show. So far NL are 1/119 off 44 overs. Ryan ten Doeschate is on 72 not out and Grooth is 39 not out.

Here a link to cricinfo scorecard, probably will only update every 3 hours if that so i'll try and find another one.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
The match between Netherlands and Bermuda just started, or should i say the Ryan ten Doeschate show. So far NL are 1/119 off 44 overs. Ryan ten Doeschate is on 72 not out and Grooth is 39 not out.

Here a link to cricinfo scorecard, probably will only update every 3 hours if that so i'll try and find another one.
CricketEurope has live ball-by-ball.

de Grooth made 61 before top edging to mid off, ten Doeschate unbeaten on 122, van Bunge still on 0. Mukuddem 2/49. 45 minutes remaining of the day's play. I'd declare reasonably early here (300) then back the bowlers, Netherlands need a win and they're not going to get that by batting for two days.