• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC Inter-continental cup 2006

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm amazed we've got so far without a "Burgers making mincemeat of..." joke. Oops.

Interesting six-hitting in the latter stages of the Namibian knock... what happens next?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
If I read the schedule right, there's no semi-final in there, so the top team from each group goes through to the final. So one of Kenya, Netherlands, Canada and Bermuda would make it.
Knew I should've read it probably. Well, Ireland or Scotland to win fairly easily, then.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
I'm amazed we've got so far without a "Burgers making mincemeat of..." joke. Oops.

Interesting six-hitting in the latter stages of the Namibian knock... what happens next?
Just ignore him, people.

When he's in that kind of mood, I'd suggest we have no truck with Pickup.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Zuiderent c Bhudia b Odoyo 26 53 95 3
TN de Grooth b Bhudia 5 10 14
RN ten Doeschate c Tikolo b Karia 158 237 290 15 4
TBM de Leede c & b BJ Patel 23 44 58 4
DLS van Bunge c Ouma b Karia 32 103 120 4 1
AN Kervezee not out 9 15 1
*LP van Troost not out 14 12 3

Extras b 5, lb 9, nb 6, w , p 20
Total 5 wkts, 78.0 overs 287
Bowler O M R W
Odoyo 13 1 52 1
Bhudia 7 0 26 1
Ongondo 14 4 29 0
BJ Patel 9 0 44 1
Tikolo 17 3 61 0
Suji 3 0 14 0
Obuya 11 2 29 0
Karia 4 0 18 2

for the guys who missed the future is orange thread...
hmm, I think Netherland WILL edge out over Kenya.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Stumps day one.

Kervezee run out for 13 (silly Trost...), Reekers b Ongondo 17, van Troost unbeaten on 29. Tikolo's bowled himself for 24 wicketless overs :laugh: Nederland 326/7, ten Doeschate's score is the fifth highest innings in Intercontinental Cup matches.

Schiferli in for Grandia, thankfully.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Is this Kervezee the same 16-year old Alexie Kervezee the Dutch think of as their next cricketing superstar?

Looks as if Holland have found in a good batsman in Ten Doeschate. He did well last year as well in the ICC Trophy and it looks as if he has continued on his form.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
TIF said:
Is this Kervezee the same 16-year old Alexie Kervezee the Dutch think of as their next cricketing superstar?
Yep. His run out was of the "drive-down-ground-hit-bowlers-hand-ricochet-onto-stumps" variety.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
Just ignore him, people.

When he's in that kind of mood, I'd suggest we have no truck with Pickup.
That was my only entry into this week's 'try to win a CW gong through being a shining wit' competition.

Brilliant, it was, and none of you got it. :(

steds

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
English please...
Cricketteam strongly open
NAÃROBI - the Dutch cricketelftal the four days' group game against Kenya within the framework of the Intercontinental has sticking out started cup. The Dutch remained Wednesday in Naïrobi the complete day to the wicket and scored 326 runs for the loss of 7 wickets.

Topscorer became Ryan at Doeschate who let note down a nearly perfect score of 158 runs. With that he the first Dutchman was who gained century at this level. Also Zuiderent (26), the Leede (23), Van Bunge (32), Kervezee (13) and of consolation (29 not out) made runs.

Thursday goes the game further with the Netherlands still to bat.

These dutch speak terrible English. :laugh:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Lunch day two - definitely another Dutch session:

van Troost not out 66
Smits b Odoyo 8
Schiferli not out 22

Netherlands 399/8 (117 ov)

Odoyo 24-3-83-2
Ongondo 24-4-56-1

Play was delayed half an hour due to a wet outfield. Hup Edgar.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Half-century for Schiferli, Netherlands 450/8. Declaration time soon - or maybe van Troost wants a ton (currently 86*)

Edit: Live updates

Edit again: van Troost caught Odoyo bowled Collins Obuya, 86. Clearly he wanted that ton too much.

Last edited:

Steulen

International Regular
Well, he didn't get it.

Van Troost c Odoyo b Obuya 86

Schiferli 52* playing at 10.

Very good showing by the Dutch, hopefully they can bowl well too.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Latest update:

Holland 474 all out(134.5 ov)

Also, Van Troost and Schiferli, put on a 95 run partnership for the 9th wicket with Schiferli, hitting even 3 6s.

Do the Dutch play any 3-4 day matches domestically?

Steulen

International Regular
No, Dutch cricket is exclusively of the one-day variety. These guys have jobs, you know :).

Keny 75/3. Tikolo in; get him cheaply and it's advantage Netherlands by a big margin.