• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite International Team to watch?

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Obviously being English, the matches involving England mean more to me than any others (well on a par with Durham but we are talking International Cricket here). But out of all the others I do love to watch the Australians, whether it be test or one day, particualry the group of players they have at the minute.

So, which is your favourite International team to watch?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Obviously not including India, it'd easily be the Australians in both forms of the game. Then either the current English side or Pakistan in tests, probably England though. In ODIs its Pakistan.

Chubb

International Regular
Zimbabwe- there's always something going on, and it's a good day if they get over 200 or take five wickets.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Not including India (who I support), I'd say Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Currently it's Australia and England... maybe Australia by just a little bit because they have Warne. Maybe it's just me, but Australia aren't as enjoyable as they were 12 months ago. McGrath was having the best period of his life from Perth to Lords, Gilchrist would win games that Australia would otherwise lose, and he'd change the game in a session. And Warne's somebody I'm appreciating as much as I can until he retires. Aside from those three guys, I'm not a great fan of any other Aussies

For England its Flintoff all the way. You just know he's a good bloke. I like the way he plays the game and appreciate his big-match moments. When he's firing I love Stephen Harmison and Simon Jones was off the charts in the Ashes.

Back before the turn of the century it was South Africa. They were my great love because they were just stacked with natural talent. Sad they lost so much when it really counted. Gary Kirstin was so underrated as a one day opener. One of the best ODI openers ever. Gibbs was Gibbs in that he hasn't changed much. Rhodes was a gun fielder. Klusener was an awesome finisher. Symcox knew how to annoy people and did it well. Pollock was even greater in the 90s than he was now. And right at the top for me was the ridiculously underrated Allan Donald. Is he rated highly with most people? Yep. But he's even better than they say. Dismissed the highest percentage of top order batsman in test history and had one of the best strike-rates in the modern game.

When I was a kid it was Pakistan and the West Indies. The West Indies were just a force and when they played, you watched because beating them was big. It was the later West Indies I liked for some reason. Ambrose and Richardson were my favs. Why did I like Ritchie Richardson?

For Pakistan I thought a young Wasim Akram was the scariest thing on the planet. I remember two deliveries that bowled two people (one was Allan Lamb) from the World Cup 1992 final. I tell you - unplayable deliveries... more unplayable than anything I'd ever seen. Imran Khan was the charasmatic leader so of course I liked him.

I liked South Africa in the early 90s and in the World Cup and if I'm an honest person, they deserved to in the final insted of England.

I always hated New Zealand and that will never change. Martin Crowe was alright though.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like watching India when Tendulkar and Laxman are in form (conversely, cant stand watching Dravid - like watching paint dry if you ask me)

Favourite all time - Windies when Richards and their pacemen ruled

R_D

International Debutant
After India, Like Sri Lankan team.
I can't stand the whingin Poms and Smith's SA team.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Francis said:
I always hated New Zealand and that will never change. Martin Crowe was alright though.
Always good to feel loved.

Anyway, Sri Lanka when they're playing well for me. Great to watch.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
In the good ol' land of Oz it's national tradition to hate the Kiwi's.

Not me though, I love me a good kiwi or two [or eleven, but you'd be hard pressed to find that many kiwi cricketers that you could classify as 'good']

Zinzan

dontcloseyoureyes said:
In the good ol' land of Oz it's national tradition to hate the Kiwi's.

Not me though, I love me a good kiwi or two [or eleven, but you'd be hard pressed to find that many kiwi cricketers that you could classify as 'good']
Yes, very much like the australian rugby team at the moment

Zinzan

8-) whoops, thats a bit harsh on the NZ cricket team , they actually win a few games