• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your dream commentary team

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
Ron Snowden??? He's awful - knows next to nothing about cricket. And don't even get me started on his Trackside work...
I just love when he says "bowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwls" :laugh:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'd very much like a dream about Nicholas and Shastri being in a commentary box that collapses mid-transmission.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
His voice and the way he looks at the camera reeks of "I have an inflated ego."
he has to make up for the fact that everyone looks at him and thinks "shortass"

besides an inflated ego never harmed most commentators, anyways i've always found him willing to take the mick out of himself.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Two things worrying in this thread. The love for Boycott, and the continous misspelling of the word 'biased'.

Holding
Richie
Slats
Gower
Nasser
Robin Jackman (Glad some others like him too :) I became a fan of his after SA's tour of India in 2004/05)
Ravi Shastri
Tony Greig :D

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My Dream team is ........

Television

Bill Lawry
Geoff Boycott
Naser Hussian
Billy Ibadulla (he was gold )
Richie Benaud
Tony Cosier

Radio would be.......

Kerry O'keiff
Johnathon Agnew
Jeremy Coney (much better on radio)
Henry Blofield

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Robin Jackman is highly underated as a commenator was very good during the under-19 world cup.

Paul Allot susprising despite the dull tone is actually quite interesting to listen to because he does make some good points, another susprise was Bruce Yardley who was also quite excitable during the under-19 world cup. :laugh:

The best commentary teams are often a mix of exciteable, talkitive types (e.g. Lawry, Healy, Botham and Greig) and more knowledgeable types such as (Atherton, Taylor, Donald and Hussain).

I'm pretty sure people would agree with me.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
1. Richie Benaud - cricketing encylopedia, respects the opposition.
2. Tony Cozier - warm, laid back, and subtly funny,
3. Michael Slater - a nod to the modern era. He's the mongrel in the team.
4. Brian Waddle - absolutely outstanding. His passion for the game is palpable, his voice an institution.
5. Mark Nicholas - professionalism personified.
6. Henry Blofeld - all of cricket's eccentricities and upper class sensitivities made flesh.

The following should be banned forever from any sort of public forum - Greig, Lawry, Healy, Mark Taylor. So biased one wonders what value they provide. Boycott - constructive criticism is one thing, automatic criticism of practically everything, another. The entire NZ Sky commentary team (except Ian Smith) - good guys, but not good enough to be commentating.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
sirjeremy11 said:
NOT that woman that was commentating for the NZ vs SA ODI's late last year. Is she still going?
I guess you are talking about Kass Naidoo. She is beautiful, very knowledgeable about cricket and wonderful at the end of game ceremonies. She is however dull as dish water in the booth.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
mundaneyogi said:
Boycott - constructive criticism is one thing, automatic criticism of practically everything, another.
From my previous posts it is obvious I am a big fan of Boycott. I do understand that people may not like him and this is the exact reason.

He is certainly not biased but I am sure he can annoy people by criticising virtually everything.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Personally, I prefer commentators like Bill Lawry, Murray Mexted or the NBA's Bill Walton. I'd rather hear totally random exclamations than ex-players and captains giving blow-by-blow accounts of how they'd do things.