Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Will the West Indies ever rise again?

International 12th Man Victor Ian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    You are grossly overestimating how much the casual fan cares about International cricket.

Based off the successes of the IPL, Big Bash and whatever the English T20 thing is called now, I think all three cricket boards realise they dont need other countries to help them earn money.
    I have no idea how much the casual fan cares about international cricket. The only feedback I get about cricket fans is from this forum and you guys all care. But, in any competition, you need a certain number of competitive teams before people will care and these teams must be evenly (vaguely) funded to remain competitive. If the big three make all their money from T20 and let only a few teams dominate in these local comps, they will also lose the interest of fans.

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    You are grossly overestimating how much the casual fan cares about International cricket.

Based off the successes of the IPL, Big Bash and whatever the English T20 thing is called now, I think all three cricket boards realise they dont need other countries to help them earn money.
    For England and Australia the Ashes is still an enormous money spinner but yeah generally domestic T20 makes plenty of money.

Cricketer Of The Year
    Just seen their tour party for the tour of England. Umm..........no.

State Vice-Captain SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    Rise In This context, more In The limited overs format than in the longer format.
    Black_Warrior likes this.

Gob
    Dunno. Ask Langeveldt
    OverratedSanity likes this.
    Dead Dove Do Not Eat

Virat-Vaughan-Amla

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Will they do it like the child did, without the rope?
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

I do think their test side is slightly on the up they will not be winning major test series but they will have a good game here and there. I do think they will give England a scare in one of the games. I like some of their upcoming test batsmen Shai Hope, RostonChase and Dowich all have in them to be decent test players and if you add Darren Bravo in here its a pretty good middle order.Not to forget Shannon Gabriel who when he gets it right can run through any batting line up.

I believe there current test side is the best since Post Lara.

International 12th Man
    Rally around west indies!
    SillyCowCorner1 likes this.

Rise to the occasion, look at yourself and say you're strong .

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    I do think their test side is slightly on the up they will not be winning major test series but they will have a good game here and there. I do think they will give England a scare in one of the games. I like some of their upcoming test batsmen Shai Hope, RostonChase and Dowich all have in them to be decent test players and if you add Darren Bravo in here its a pretty good middle order.Not to forget Shannon Gabriel who when he gets it right can run through any batting line up.

I believe there current test side is the best since Post Lara.
    Add Blackwood

Brathwaite
    Opener
    Bravo
    Chase
    Bravo
    Holder

That's a decent test line up, one of the strongest they have had in years
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

Banned
    As a WI fan since I was a baby sadly I dont see any hope. They have been declining since 1992. I see more hope in BD and AFG than Windies. IN BD they all cricket mad like India/pak and 170 million the players are superstars, Plenty of financial investments and sponsorship. Dont see Ireland doing much either. Zimbabwe unsure they did decent in SL.

As a Windies fan from since I was a baby, I know that our cricket will rise again. The youths are more engaged with the game more than ever. We recently won the Under 19 World Cup.

A
    Black_Warrior likes this.

WI IMO won't be a top 3 side anytime soon but they can and have the potential to improve. They will probably still get smashed away vs all teams and be competitive at home vs all other teams not named Australia, India or RSA. The most recent developments with the board is a step in the right direction, however, I do feel that 20/20 is reducing our batmens ability to play long innings.

School Boy/Girl Captain CarlsbergXpress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyCowCorner1 View Post
    As a Windies fan from since I was a baby, I know that our cricket will rise again. The youths are more engaged with the game more than ever. We recently won the Under 19 World Cup.

A
    I certainly hope so, my formative years were spent watching WI fast bowlers smashing our best batsmen. I hated it at the time, but admired almost as much also.

Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    For England and Australia the Ashes is still an enormous money spinner but yeah generally domestic T20 makes plenty of money.
    True enough but in England at least the whole game is based around the national team and I don't think that will change.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information