• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will the West Indies ever rise again?

subshakerz

International Coach
full of pace and flair and style

lol just add in calypso collapso and natural talent and we've got a full house
LOL, but it was true when I was watching them in the nineties. You had Lara, Hooper and Richardson hooking and cutting around and then Walsh and Ambrose. After Pakistan, they were my favorite team to watch.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The domestic changes have clearly brought about a huge improvement in bowling depth

The batting is still hopeless though. FC getting back underway, establishment of academies and an extra FC team should help their long term development

Slifer

International Captain
What a decent WI also used to offer was a nice buffer outside of the two obvious camps: SENA and the Asian teams. Well before it was actually just ENA and India and Pakistan but you get my point.

Had WI been a stronger team, especially at home, results there could have been a decent indicator of how well teams from each camp were. Conditions in the WI used to be neutral relative to the other camps (imo). As it were, WI suck at home to almost everyone.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The domestic changes have clearly brought about a huge improvement in bowling depth

The batting is still hopeless though. FC getting back underway, establishment of academies and an extra FC team should help their long term development
I reckon we're 3 or 4 years off seeing the results of that work with the batting :(. It's going to be painful viewing at times until then.