Best of The Best
1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Jono, for this post re the slogathon click here
2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is: Goughy with this little effort click here Special mention to James for his Fleming rips into Richardson thread.
3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Voltman for this click here Special mention to luckyeddie who has been runner up two weeks in a row with a number of gems.
4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Nnanden. He has been all over the tour threads, WI in NZ, Aust. In SA. Eng in India, with lots of opinions. Even his Sig shows all-rounder tendencies.
5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Steds click here he is talking abou't Hayden and Ponting first innings V South Africa. Special mention to andyc for his Aust. Can’t lose now' after they scored 400+ in the ODI.
6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Pratyush for this effort click here The last winner of this award has since been banned, but as this weeks winner starts some of the best threads on CW we are sure he will break the ‘Kiss of Death’
7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Goughy a new member but seems to know his stuff. Two awards top effort this week Goughy.
8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Langeveldt, always happy to have a laugh even at his own expense (check out his avatar) we just wish he would learn how to spell Chappelli. Well done Langeveldt.
9. Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: RolledOver. Shot down a few times this week, but still posting, which is good to see.