• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 12th - 19th of March

archie mac

International Coach
Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Jono, for this post re the slogathon click here

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is: Goughy with this little effort click here Special mention to James for his Fleming rips into Richardson thread.

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Voltman for this click here Special mention to luckyeddie who has been runner up two weeks in a row with a number of gems.

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Nnanden. He has been all over the tour threads, WI in NZ, Aust. In SA. Eng in India, with lots of opinions. Even his Sig shows all-rounder tendencies.

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Steds click here he is talking abou't Hayden and Ponting first innings V South Africa. Special mention to andyc for his Aust. Can’t lose now' after they scored 400+ in the ODI.

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Pratyush for this effort click here The last winner of this award has since been banned, but as this weeks winner starts some of the best threads on CW we are sure he will break the ‘Kiss of Death’

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Goughy a new member but seems to know his stuff. Two awards top effort this week Goughy.

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Langeveldt, always happy to have a laugh even at his own expense (check out his avatar) we just wish he would learn how to spell Chappelli. Well done Langeveldt.

9. Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: RolledOver. Shot down a few times this week, but still posting, which is good to see.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
archie mac said:
5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? Special mention to andyc for his Aust. Can’t lose now' after they scored 400+ in the ODI.
To be fair archie, what I said was actually worse:

andyc said:
I daresay that even with Lewis in the team, this total is safe.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks, 2 awards is awesome.

Just woke up with a raging hangover and now the world seems a better place. Also having the Boycott award (even if only for a week) is an honour as I grew up respecting him more than any other athlete.

wipes tear, thanks family and trips into the orchestra whilst walking off stage

archie mac

International Coach
Matt79 said:
Lovely work archie
Thanks lads, (Armadillo and Dave included) but don't forget Marc, he actually chooses most of the winners :)

So what I am trying to say if you do not like any of the choices blame Marc:laugh:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
benchmark00 said:
I find Archie Mac attractive, so he gets my appreciation regardless.
Can't think of a better reason than that so I shan't trouble everyone with a reply.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Nice idea.

Is this thread done every week?

I get a real sesne of community from this board and I think Ill be sticking around

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Nice idea.

Is this thread done every week?

I get a real sesne of community from this board and I think Ill be sticking around