• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Explosive XI

pskov

International 12th Man
Supposed to be the opposite of Gritty XI. Players who are always taking risks, going for the big shots, trying for the magic ball. Sometimes they pull it off spectaculary and sometimes they fall flat on their faces, but they are always exciting to watch! In short when they are on they are ON, but when they are off they can be very, very bad.

My side from current players:

C Gayle
S Jayasuriya *
K Pietersen
M Clarke
S Afridi
A Symonds
M Dhoni +
B Lee
S Harmison
S Akhtar
M Ntini

Pretty superb ODI team, but not sure I'd completely trust the batting in a Test, which I suppose is almost the point.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
pskov said:
Supposed to be the opposite of Gritty XI. Players who are always taking risks, going for the big shots, trying for the magic ball. Sometimes they pull it off spectaculary and sometimes they fall flat on their faces, but they are always exciting to watch! In short when they are on they are ON, but when they are off they can be very, very bad.

My side from current players:

C Gayle
S Jayasuriya *
K Pietersen
M Clarke
S Afridi
A Symonds
M Dhoni +
B Lee
S Harmison
S Akhtar
M Ntini

Pretty superb ODI team, but not sure I'd completely trust the batting in a Test, which I suppose is almost the point.
swap Harmison for Bond & Clarke for Gilchrist can leave him out of an explosive XI imo

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Here is mine

Gilchrist * - Captain
Gayle
Pietersen
Symonds
Flintoff
Dhoni + - Keeper
Afridi
Razzaq
Lee
Akhtar
Bond

12th man: Sehwag

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
aussie said:
Here is mine

Gilchrist * - Captain
Gayle
Pietersen
Symonds
Flintoff
Dhoni + - Keeper
Afridi
Razzaq
Lee
Akhtar
Bond

12th man: Sehwag
Gilli and Doni both....that might work out too.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Regretfully, I cannot meaningfully contribute to this thread.

I have searched for almost an hour and have been unable to come up with a single first-class cricketer with the initials 'TNT'.