• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Tragic Quiz

archie mac

International Coach
Here is a 'Dolly' style quiz, it is just a bit of fun. I have used a couple of posters names, I hope I have not upset anyone:unsure: Please let me know if I have and I will remove your name:)

Are You A Cricket Tragic?

Take the CW quiz to see if you are

1 Does your girlfriend/mother/wife/dog know a lot about Cricket, even though they are not interested in the game, because you constantly talk Cricket to them?

A. Yes, it’s my duty to spread the word, they will thank me one day
B. I only tell them the things that would interest anyone
C. Well, they take an interest in my passion, what’s wrong with that
D. No of cause not if their not interested their not interested

2. If someone was talking about Bradman and they quoted his ave: at 99.96 you would:

A. Correct them straight away, how dare they spread false propaganda
B. Subtly mention that the ABC has 9994 as its post box No. in all capital cities (Aust)
C. No biggie .02 who cares
D. I don’t know Bradman’s Test average

3. It is the birthday of someone close to you, and they are having a party, but its also the day/nighter of a ODI which you have tickets for, do you:

A. Go to the Cricket, they will have another birthday next year anyway
B. Go to the party, fake illness and hope no one sees you on the tele
C. Go to the party, on condition they hire a big screen TV and show the match
D. Give the tickets away, there will always be another Cricket game

4. You win first prize in a raffle, you can either be honorary 12th man to your national team in the next Test Match for all 5 days. Or receive $100,000 in US dollars, you would:

A. Not even hesitate, you start jumping around, asking do I get to field?
B. Have a long hard think, but in your heart you know Cricket will win
C. Go for the first 3 days and auction off the other two, Tests don’t last long anyway
D. Show me the money!

5. You have a choice between finding a cure for cancer or a successful Test career. You would pick:

A. Test Cricket career, they will find a cure for cancer one day anyway
B. There must be a way you can do both, think man think
C. Cure cancer, but never give up your dream of playing Test Cricket
D. No contest a cure for cancer would change the world

6. You meet your perfect partner (pc) but they give you an ultimatum Cricket or me! You would:

A. Kick them to the curb, what time does the Cricket start?
B. You would never date anyone who was not into Cricket
C. Argue about the joys of Cricket, beg, plead and cry
D. Cricket takes up to much of your time anyhow

7. Your perfect dinner guests would be made up of:

A. Richie Benaud, Boycs and Slats (Cricket heaven)
B. Richie, Steven Hawkins and Carmen Electra (Cricket, brains and beauty)
C. Warney, Carmen and Pamela Anderson (I like to move it, move it)
D. No Cricketers I imagine they are a boring lot

8. Your child shows great Cricketing ability, everyone tells you your kid will be the next Sobers. He comes and tells you he wants to give it away, you:

A. Tell him you know what’s best for him, now pad up, and hit the nets son!
B. Ask him not to waste his god given talent, offer him money
C. Listen carefully provide options, tell him he may just need a break
D. Who cares it’s his life if he doesn’t want to play that’s his choice

Your score, give yourself 5 points for each A. 3 points for each B. 1 point for each C. and 0 points for each D. Add up your score and see if you’re a Cricket Tragic.

26-40

People may disparage you, hell they may even ridicule you, but you don’t care, why would you? Philistines opinions don’t count. You can name everyone of your Country’s Test captains since you were born, you can explain the LBW law to a Russian (who can’t speak your language) by using some salt and pepper shakers. You eat your meals according to the breaks in the Cricket, Cricket tragic be damned you’re a Cricket legend. Just remember when you can’t find anyone to talk to about the greatest game invented. Just log onto CW you will hear a hundred voices say; welcome back home lad.

13-25

You enjoy the game of Cricket, but you have many other interests. Not for you staying up all night watching the qualifiers during the World Cup, though you will probably stay up for the final if your team makes it. You are right of cause there are so many other things out there, it just doesn’t make sense to devote so much time to a game.
BUT WAIT there is still hope; you must log on to CW twice a day, you must have an argument with Richard, TEC or C_C, you must find an answer to one of Jason’s Cricket Guru questions. We want you to become a Cricket Tragic, please!

1-12

How did you find this page? I bet if I ask; name a game that uses a bat and ball? You would answer Baseball. If I ask what do the letters LBW stand for? You would answer Large Black Women. When ever someone mentions they play Cricket you say things like ‘Flannelled Fools, and how can you play that boring game’. You probably think a Googly is a search engine. Well us Cricket Tragics feel sorry for you and all those like you. You, you, But wait I’m sorry I still want to help you, please log on to CW and ask lots of questions we are only to happy to show off our Cricket knowledge, and just maybe you will eventually join the winning team, the CW team.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My answers:

1. B
2. A
3. A
4. A
5. B
6. A
7. A
8. B

That gives me 34

Great thread, btw Archie

Last edited:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Miscalculated before, and for SJS, here's the break-up of scores:
B
A
A
B
C
B
A
C
-----

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
16 for me, though for some of them I couldn't really use any of the provided answers.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
BlackCap_Fan said:
:-O You're a spy, aren't you!

:laugh:

Not in this case. Its my love for stats. I am trying to find out whether there is a common thread amongst CW members from the answers :)