• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Destructive Batsman in Onedayer!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I thionk there is a history with Pakistani players understating their age, Younis for one is older than 31 I reckon.

And Hasan Raza Test debut at 14, OK...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
One thing that puzzles me...doesn't Waqar even know his real age? :alien384:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, cos there is no age bar in cricket, there is really no reason to falsify your age. So, maybe, they just don't know their real age or whatever.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In some cases, I don't think they do actually know their own age - lack of records being kept at birth.

Makes it a bit difficult for things like the Under 19 World Cup!

yorker

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Originally posted by marc71178
I thionk there is a history with Pakistani players understating their age, Younis for one is older than 31 I reckon.

And Hasan Raza Test debut at 14, OK...
I agree with u on Younis , even afridi is 2-3 years older than his official age BUT it wasn't the same case with Hasan Raza. The guy went through medical check up( basically its a bone scan) that confirmed that he was exactly 14 years of age at the time he got his test cap.
Majid Khan should actually have appologized to Hasan Raza coz he was the one who had came out in open saying that Hsan certainly wasn't 14 yrs of age.After the Medical report, the jerk just shut his mouth and never said a word!

[Edited on 9/10/2002 by yorker]

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
If Cairns was more consistent & was less injury prone..there would be no contest.

V Reddy

International Debutant
If was Afridi's age was 16 when he made his debut then Parthiv Patel could have said that his age is 10 :)))) LOL