• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has the world gone crazy?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yesterday I was hanging around in a friends office and he game me a cricket bat that was lying around.

The bat was signed by New Zealand squad for the 2003 World Cup.

I was checking it out and there were 2 names that I was not familiar with. They were Zach Hitchcock and Dennis Aberhart.

Now I think Aberhart was on the coaching staff but after checking it out it seems Hitchcock was the Team Video Analyst.

My question is, When did Video Analysts start signing bats?

Is there some new craze for collecting the signatues of all the video analysts from around the world I missed out on.8-)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Video analysts are the new baggage handlers. They rank highly in the ultra-cool stakes.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i remember when i went on a Surrey coaching course once and at the end of the week they gave us a signed bat, unfortuantly the Surrey 2nd or 3rd team player that took the course insisted on signing his name and in doing so took up pretty much the whole bat.

archie mac

International Coach
Goughy said:
Yesterday I was hanging around in a friends office and he game me a cricket bat that was lying around.

I was checking it out and there were 2 names that I was not familiar with. They were Zach Hitchcock and Dennis Aberhart.

Now I think Aberhart was on the coaching staff but after checking it out it seems Hitchcock was the Team Video Analyst.

Is there some new craze for collecting the signatues of all the video analysts from around the world I missed out on.8-)
I am surprised you can read all of the signatures, I can usually only read about half!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Goughy said:

Video analysis is one of the most important parts of modern cricket.
If one team lacked a logger in the Mike Walsh \ Malcolm Ashton mode, their players would suffer enormously.