• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowlers that srtike terror in batsmen's heart!

Which pacer is feared most by batsmen?

• Harmison

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Akhtar

Votes: 39 39.8%
  • lee

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • Munaf Patel

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • SreeSanth

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Which pacer today causes most discomfort to the batsmen with its speed and nasty deliveries??

I know ppl will say that these days batsmen are used to facing express fast bowlers and facing expres pacers are not that big a deal.But its a fact that no batsmen really enjoy facing a speedy bowler and often end up having bruises all over the body after facing them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol @ Patel and Sree Santh. You silly goose.

I fear the knee-jerk reactions now that will come from this.

Anyway Akhtar or Harmison for me. Maybe Harmison, he seems to get a lot of bounce and hit players often enough to worry the batsman.

Then again Lee's beamers are deadly too :ph34r:

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Jono said:
Lol @ Patel and Sree Santh. You silly goose.

I fear the knee-jerk reactions now that will come from this.

Anyway Akhtar or Harmison for me. Maybe Harmison, he seems to get a lot of bounce and hit players often enough to worry the batsman.

Then again Lee's beamers are deadly too :ph34r:
Munaf has already stuck and injured a couple of batsmen, infact it was legendary Steven Waugh who had the most discomfortable time facing Munaf .

I think with time the guy will be feared the most.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
IndianByHeart said:
Which pacer today causes most discomfort to the batsmen with its speed and nasty deliveries??

I know ppl will say that these days batsmen are used to facing express fast bowlers and facing expres pacers are not that big a deal.But its a fact that no batsmen really enjoy facing a speedy bowler and often end up having bruises all over the body after facing them.

Munaf and Sreesanth shouldn't be there. They haven't done anything yet, I would rather have added Flintoff and Shane Bond there.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
IndianByHeart said:
infact it was legendary Steven Waugh who had the most discomfortable time facing Munaf.
That was in the nets/practice session or something like that, doesn't count.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Fidel Edwards has hit loads of batsmen already in his short career.

He has hit Graham Thorpe, Kallis, Fleming, Astle, Styris.

His low arm action is hard to pick up and he can bowl at speeds up to 97 mph.

If only he could take more wickets though!

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
:laugh::laugh: I will go with Bond. IMO if fit, he is deadly.
I think he is a much smarter bowler than the others. I don't want to speak to soon though, as he has not really had a "career" yet, just a few promising start stop matches. Good start though : )

Blaze

Banned
Bond wouldn't be as scary as some of the others IMO. He isn't erratic enough. He hasn't bowled too many 150+ deliveries since his comeback either.

adharcric

International Coach
The fact that Munaf is leading this poll makes it clear that someone is staging a sabotage here with multiple usernames or something of the sort.:mellow:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hmm, Shoaib just in front of Harmison. Harmison, while he might not be as quick as others, gets a lot more bounce because he isn't the "skiddy" type of fast bowler (which even Shoaib is to an extent)