• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowlers that srtike terror in batsmen's heart!

Which pacer is feared most by batsmen?

• Harmison

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Akhtar

Votes: 39 39.8%
  • lee

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • Munaf Patel

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • SreeSanth

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters

Barney Rubble

International Coach
RolledOver said:
I voted For Munaf patel!

The guy made a sensational start in his very first match against an opposition like England, and unnrved all the English batsmen with his pacy reverse swing yorkers and classic deliveries, that too on the placid home pitches!!!I shudder to think as to how he will terrorize the batsmen on the bouncy pitches of Australia and SA.

I see him as the younger version of waqar Younis, what a force that guy was, hopefully Munaf will match him!
He's barely even topping 90mph yet. He's got a good 10mph to go yet - even Harmison's been clocked at 96.7mph.

Right now, he's in the Simon Jones bracket - quick enough to trouble batsmen, but not quick enough to make them fear being hurt, as Lee, Shoaib and Harmison are.

Fusion

Global Moderator
SA said:
Yes,its again nehrafan with his other accounts.Three days ago,another of his accounts was banned which shows that he still his lot of active accounts on Cricket Web.And I'm sure that IndianByHeart is also his account.
I've thought that as well. Most of his posts are similar to Nehrafan's and I think he qualifies as a troll.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'd go for Harmison. Particularly when he's in his "Ron Jeremy on rollerskates" kind of form.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
I'd go for Harmison. Particularly when he's in his "Ron Jeremy on rollerskates" kind of form.
I liked Harmison better when the square leg umpires were considering getting helmets.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
SA said:
Yes,its again nehrafan with his other accounts.Three days ago,another of his accounts was banned which shows that he still his lot of active accounts on Cricket Web.And I'm sure that IndianByHeart is also his account.
8-) Please refrain from passing stupid remarks about me, will you?

If you have nothing good to say, then plz shut up!

I promise i won't tell anyone that u are the same Shoaib Ahmad (aka Shoaib) that was banned on this forum for insulting members on this forum as long as you behave this time and limit your comments to cricket only!
Most of his posts are similar to Nehrafan's and I think he qualifies as a troll
And yours sound like Osama Bin laden!

Last edited:

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
adharcric said:
The fact that Munaf is leading this poll makes it clear that someone is staging a sabotage here with multiple usernames or something of the sort.:mellow:
9 votes for Patel definitely seems to confirm that.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
I have no intention of calling any one any names and can even go and delete that, but then Shoaib Ahmad and Co should refrain from personal attacks.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IndianByHeart said:
I promise i won't tell anyone that u are the same Shoaib Ahmad (aka Shoaib) that was banned on this forum for insulting members on this forum as long as you behave this time and limit your comments to cricket only!
We have no way of substantiating that claim.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
I know he's the same guy, as on the other forum he's doing the same thing.Just limiting his comments to rubbishing me off as "nainafan" and so!

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Maybe I should rephrase that:
"Top-quality batsmen don't have terror struck into their hearts by very fast bowlers in the modern age where protective equipment is up to standard".
Yes, a can-barely-hit-the-ball batsman like me might just be a bit worried about the prospect of facing a 95mph bowler. Point is, I'd back someone like Bond or Harmison to be far more scared of Gilchrist than the other way around (I would say Shoaib, but I don't really think it's in Shoaib's make-up to be scared of batsmen).
Top quality batman like VIv Richard never worn a helmet while facing pacers like Lillee,Thommo etc.He didn't required the protective helmet to be safe from the nasty deliveries.

There might be some top quality batsmen today who won't be afraid atall at the prospect of facing the express fast bowlers and might relish facing them, but there are alot of batsmen that aren't too happy on facing the demon bowlers.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Richard said:
I'd back someone like Bond or Harmison to be far more scared of Gilchrist than the other way around...

...Michael Papps who can't take a bit of pace
Just because someone gets sconed by a fast bowler doesn't mean he can't handle "a bit of pace". Ramnaresh Sarwan had to retire hurt in the last test after getting hit by Bond, does that mean he can't handle pace? As it is, I distinctly remember you swearing black and blue once that pace makes very little difference to a bowler's effectiveness - which way do you want it?

As far as Bond v Gilchrist goes - he's gotten Gilly out three times out of six one-dayers, which isn't a bad strike rate, and Harmo's got him twice out of five. I don't think they're scared at all.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Goughy said:
All batsmen should have a healthy respect and fear of fast bowlers. It keeps you on edge and focused and most importantly....

it stops foolish things like the Sultan Hirwani incident in the 95/96 World Cup.
Actually, the guy's name was Sultan Zarawani.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
Actually, the guy's name was Sultan Zarawani.
Really, well I guess you missed out on reading page 3 of this thread before posting and why I now hate Allan Donald.

Already been through this once.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
SJS said:
Why cant Mohammad Asif make that list? Considering some others who have.
Mohd Asif is a great find by Pakistan, infact i think he's the only pacer in present Pak lineup (missing Akhtar and Shabbir) that seems to be a class act.And if he works hard and add a bit pace to his bowling then i'm afraid he can even become one of the top bowlers in a few years time.

However he can't right now make the mentioned list as he isn't that fast enough.I did make a mistake by not mentioning Bond and Ntini though in the polls.