View Poll Results: Which pacer is feared most by batsmen?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harmison

4 4.08%
  • Akhtar

39 39.80%
  • lee

32 32.65%
  • Munaf Patel

20 20.41%
  • SreeSanth

3 3.06%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowlers that srtike terror in batsmen's heart!

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    what like?
    Well he's Indian, and that's something Harmison will never ever be able to copy...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mundaneyogi

Great response!

I should point out though, that if Richard had been smoking, he wouldn't be as uptight as he is.
    Rest assured, I'll never smoke a thing in my life, even if it did make me perceived as less "uptight".
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    will you ever manage to get over it? you've made a fool of yourself, people laughed at it and its all in the past now. just let it go.
    If people want to laugh at me, I'll respond.
    I look forward to laughing at them in 2 years time when Patel becomes a good Test bowler while Harmison is relegated to first-change at Durham...

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    If people want to laugh at me, I'll respond.
    I look forward to laughing at them in 2 years time when Patel becomes a good Test bowler while Harmison is relegated to first-change at Durham...
    Right - like you did when Harmison was having his moment in the sun, I suppose?

A guy takes 4 South African wickets for 33, turns a losing series around with a single spell of hostile bowling, and suddenly goes into overdrive.

He has a sensational period that sees him suddenly at the top of the rankings (incidentally, they reflect what you have done, not how good you are) and what do you do?

For about 9 months, you disappear.

Why should this latest fairy tale be any different to the last one?
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Einstein,
    I "disappeared" (on 1 of 4 occasions) about a week after the 1st Test of Harmison's real good spell (starting, not with the 4\33, but the 7\12). I return after what turned-out to be the last of the good games - before he started getting dreadful figures again.
    I "disappeared", FTR, for about 3 months. The person who had "disappeared" for considerably longer, and thereby missed not one, but TWO of my returns (after another "disappearence"), was someone else.
    I wonder who that might have been, now...

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Rest assured, I'll never smoke a thing in my life, even if it did make me perceived as less "uptight".
    Wow, you're my hero. I wish I was you.

Einstein,
    I "disappeared" (on 1 of 4 occasions) about a week after the 1st Test of Harmison's real good spell (starting, not with the 4\33, but the 7\12). I return after what turned-out to be the last of the good games - before he started getting dreadful figures again.
    I "disappeared", FTR, for about 3 months. The person who had "disappeared" for considerably longer, and thereby missed not one, but TWO of my returns (after another "disappearence"), was someone else.
    I wonder who that might have been, now...
    Yes, but I had real reasons - and it'll be happening once more too.

You were either being mardy or suffering from motherboard poisoning.

Whether you had reason or not is not something I commented on - what I said was the fact that you were absent caused you to be ineducated about my absense. I have now put you straight (just for proof). I hope you may have realigned your opinion of the reasons for my absence.
    If so - rest assured, others have had to, too.

Whether you had reason or not is not something I commented on - what I said was the fact that you were absent caused you to be ineducated about my absense. I have now put you straight (just for proof). I hope you may have realigned your opinion of the reasons for my absence.
    If so - rest assured, others have had to, too.
    You went missing because Murali can't straighten his arm?

The proof I was alluding to is that I did post in June\July 2004 - just before Harmison begun the long slope downwards...
    Hence I did not "go missing" in March and turn-up in December.

The proof I was alluding to is that I did post in June\July 2004 - just before Harmison begun the long slope downwards...
    Hence I did not "go missing" in March and turn-up in December.
    Ohhhhhhhh, my mistake.

Things seemed to make more sense in the world then. Must have had you on 'ignore'.

http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=9818

One of my favourite threads...
    Last edited by Richard; 23-03-2006 at 02:24 PM.

Do you actually keep a diary of who said what and when, Richard?

Nah - like I say, I just remember some threads, like that and the one that contained that Neil parody which I referred to in the Underrated XI thread...

My birthday is 08-09-1985. Work it out from there.
    The highest level of cricket I've played is English club Second XI (one game, was clearly out of my depth).
    Neither of these are, especially, relevant - you can learn an awful lot in a short time if you're dedicated to the task, and you don't have to play at much of a standard to understand the game. Playing skill doesn't equate to analytical skill.
    I was asking because I find it hard to beleive anyone can post 19000 posts on a subject and I was wondering on what experience those 19000 posts were based on. I could not write that many post on myself and I have a lifetime of experience on the topic.

Firstly I would like to point out that I have just had a baby 1 yr ago. My opinions of how to bring up a baby have changed massively since he was born. Simply, I thought I knew about the subject but until it really happened and I was a part of it I really did not. There is no replacement for experience and you (like I was before I had my baby) is someone who has second hand knowledge without true experience. It is one thing to watch and read but another to state your opinion as fact when it is based on such little experience.

Also the reason I have an issue is what you were saying about fast bowlers. You were saying that speed is not a weapon without movement. Well, as someone who regularly bowls the ball 140+ (or at least used to) I can tell you that is nonsense. The most important thing to a genuine quick is length. Quick bowlers talk length more than movement as they can get the batter inbetween the correct position.

If you have never bowled or faced this kind of ball it is hard to understand.

Also this talk of Harmison being a bad bowler is a joke. As a 20 yr old who is out of his depth in the seconds Im sure you have a valid opinion but if you ever have indepth talks with FC and test players you would appreciate how highly he is rated. He is a different animal in the flesh than on TV or from the stands.

I am not saying you don't have a valid opinion, but I don't agree with the fact that you post with such authority with so little first hand knowledge or experience.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information