• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are the most important players in each side?

tooextracool

International Coach
Jono said:
TEC stole my reply.

And you laughed :eek: ;)
yes occasionally my facial muscles contract enough to let me laugh. much like when i looked at one of Tom Halsey's recent posts about England struggling against spin and not pace.

Blaze

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Spot on. Simon Jones is probably the most inexperienced bowler to be so crucial to his team's success. He hasn't even taken 100 Test wickets yet..

Shane Bond?

adharcric

International Coach
tooextracool said:
Pietersen?????!
you're joking surely?
Well, every other English batsman has looked rather unreliable to me in this tour so far. Of course, Trescothick hasn't been there and neither has Vaughan.

tooextracool

International Coach
adharcric said:
Well, every other English batsman has looked rather unreliable to me in this tour so far. Of course, Trescothick hasn't been there and neither has Vaughan.
well hes had an insane number of let offs in both of his successful innings. and on both occasions hes failed to go on with it and get a big 100, even though it was there for the taking

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
I would have to say Bond, Vettori, and Astle as well at the moment. Sure, Fleming is a good captain, but his contributions with the bat of late have been poor in comparison to Astle. Wish I could say that I think Oram is third most important, or some as yet uncovered super all rounder who averages less than 25 with the ball and more than 40 with the bat.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yep I'd go for Freddie, Tresco and Simon Jones as well. This winter has shown how much we've missed Jones - he hasn't played since Trent Bridge against the Aussies, and we've drawn three and lost three, out of six.