• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fleming Rips into Richardson

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Richardson also did an article a few days ago (or yesterday?) saying the same things he did in the interview about trhe batting and stuff. Quite frankly, he was provoking Fleming then surprised when Fleming hit back.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
NZTailender said:
Richardson also did an article a few days ago (or yesterday?) saying the same things he did in the interview about trhe batting and stuff. Quite frankly, he was provoking Fleming then surprised when Fleming hit back.
I didn't think there was anything personal in that column. He was just doing his job........but the comments in his book are directed to the core of Fleming.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Why anyone would let a guy with that kind of attitude into the NZ changing room at the moment is beyond me :S

GDR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
hehe, The look on Richardson's face after flemming let him have it was priceless. :laugh:
How embarassing it must have been for him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Loony BoB said:
On a tangent, I think Bob Willis' comments found in Cricinfo's quotes page equally amusing. :p
What, the "Daryl Harper - hopeless" one?
Daryl's hardly been anything other than hopeless recently...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
meatspx said:
And yeah, if I was Fleming I would have been depressed about the test series against England. It was shocking, but not his fault (the selectors' fault, selecting untested previosuly injured bowlers and not enough squad members).
It wasn't the selectors' fault, NZ were just nowhere near as good as luck had made them look over the last 3 years and that luck finally ran-out in England.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well its out in the NZ media now so in a day or two we should expect some fireworks.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Richard said:
It wasn't the selectors' fault, NZ were just nowhere near as good as luck had made them look over the last 3 years and that luck finally ran-out in England.
Everyone knows that NZ had over half of their players out/injured during that tour. I know you'll never admit to that, but if you have half a brain then you'd at the very least not make posts like this as I'm sure you're smart enough to at least (apparently secretly) know it.

The Bob Willis quote was the one where he told a viewer to "get a life" after they send in a comment to Sky Sports.

maxpower said:
what's fleming gonna do next, go tell mommy how everyone is mean to him ???
Yeah, clearly anyone who calls someone else an idiot is automatically a momma's boy crybaby kinda guy. 8-)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, it wasn't me. I'd say it was the owner of a cricket news site/forum who wanted some exposure - and good luck to him. :D

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
And the spin is beginning already. This explanation does not add up at all, considering it was captured from a raw live feed.

Part of a mock interview between BLACKCAPS captain Stephen Fleming and SKY Commentator Mark Richardson, for SKY's weekly magazine show, Cricket Company has been inadvertently broadcast on the internet.
SKY's Executive Producer of Cricket, Martin Crowe says, "The interview was a spoof in which Stephen has a crack at Mark about his commentary. It was scripted and not real although it has appeared on the internet as a news item,"
“We regret any embarrassment to Stephen or Mark as a result of the item's broadcast," said Crowe.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Voltman said:
And the spin is beginning already. This explanation does not add up at all, considering it was captured from a raw live feed.
I'll happily pretend to believe it. ;)

I think it's a bad coverup, but I'm glad they're covering it up, to be honest, because it's not worth the trouble.

EDIT: Where did you get that from, though? Also, if it does indeed appear in the Sky Weekly magazine show then you can either believe them or not, but you'd have to say they would have done a fantastic coverup by "using" it for their own purposes. Does anyone watch this show and if so, does this sound like something that they'd do?

EDIT: Looks like NZHerald took down their article, too.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Interesting, NZHerald have removed the article.

Maybe they're believing the spin?

Very interesting anyway!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
I'll happily pretend to believe it. ;)

I think it's a bad coverup, but I'm glad they're covering it up, to be honest, because it's not worth the trouble.

EDIT: Where did you get that from, though? .
Media advisory email from NZ Cricket.

Also, if it does indeed appear in the Sky Weekly magazine show then you can either believe them or not, but you'd have to say they would have done a fantastic coverup by "using" it for their own purposes.
I bet we never see it air on Cricket Company.

Does anyone watch this show and if so, does this sound like something that they'd do?
Yes, I do watch, and no, it's not something they'd do. It's light-hearted, but they don't get into spoofs.

EDIT: Looks like NZHerald took down their article, too
Gutless that they believed it.

Loony BoB

International Captain
If that actually is the sort of thing they do on that show then I'll probably believe it too. I can't find anything online about the show, though, so it's hard to say.