• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fleming Rips into Richardson

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
I am not Irene Cara.

But imagine for me if you will, next time you hear "Flash Dance", imagine Eve Longoria from Desperate Housewives singing it to you. It makes it one hell of a song :naughty:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yes it did, the full video, which was about 5 minutes in total.

I'm sure it will be replayed sometime during the 2nd Test.

Nil Einne

Cricket Spectator
Funniest thing

The funniest thing to me is how some people keep insisting it must be a cover-up because Fleming can't act and yet they somehow believe he was able to pull off the 'cover up' video which we now see... Even more so since this 'cover up' video was clearly shot not long after the supposedly real angry Fleming who one would assume would still be angry. I guess Richardson can act so no problem for him pulling off the supposed 'cover-up' even though one would assume he would still be shell shocked from his 'real berating' from Fleming.

I do wonder how many of those people who keep insisting it's a cover-up because Fleming can't act have ever tried faking anger. It's actually a lot easier then you think...

Also has anyone come up with a plausible reason as to why Sky would be so interested in engaging into this elborate conspiracy? The idea that they would want to protect Richardson doesn't wash with me. Seems more likely they would want to play the situation to show their commentators are honest and willing to ask the hard questions no matter where their former allgencies lie or who they anger. Okay perhaps they would want to take a little care not to play the situation too hard since they wouldn't want to **** of Fleming or NZ Cricket too much but let's face it, if this were really real, NZ cricket and Fleming couldn't try to punish them to much, it will just turn out worse for them. And let's not forget even if they did want to punish Sky, there's not really much they can do. Are they going to try and get TV3 to be the host broadcaster or something?

Perhaps someone is going to say Martin Crowe is using his influence but does anyone really think Sky would allow their employee to engage in an elborate cover-up for the sake up of Fleming and NZ Cricket just because of his alligences to NZ Cricket. The only plausible claim would be that both Fleming and Richardson felt it would be bad for them and managed to get permission to engage in this cover-up from Sky. But other then this requiring some extremely quick thinking from Fleming and Richardson, there is also the question of whether Sky would agree to go to such lengths and whether Richardson would really think it was better for him...

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nil Einne said:
The funniest thing to me is how some people keep insisting it must be a cover-up because
Only C_C - and frankly, he thought the world was going to end yesterday - in fact, it did, but the CIA have somehow substituted an entirely artificial earth that was previously populated only by super-intelligent telepathic parasitic arthropods. How we have actually all been transported here is a state secret, but you can be sure that everyone will surely fall under the control of these 'superbrain' spiders - and soon.

The amazing thing is, we are all totally unaware that it has even happened but you can bet that as you go about your everyday life, a few clues will allow those like C_C to see the truth whilst the rest of us remain in the dark. It will be the little things - the fact that you suddenly have a craving to eat flies, that your web-spinning skills increase dramatically or you have a feeling that two legs is about six short - but they will be there if you look for them.

Oh, look - a wasp - and it's a juicy one.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Sky Television have granted Cricket Web permission to bring to you the full video coverage from The National Bank Cricket Company on 16th March 2006, which includes the following:

# Full Coverage of the Fleming/Richardson Hoax
# Highlights from the South Africa/Australia 5th ODI
# New Zealand's 1983 tour of England
# 6 Ball Slog, summer series highlights
# Dwayne Bravo - career profile
# Dion Nash - life after cricket

See the news item here

James

Cricket Web Owner
A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into converting that video! All worth it in the end though.

I certainly got a lot of emails from overseas viewers wanting to see it and it's great that I managed to work it out with SkyTV to make it available to you guys.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James said:
Sky Television have granted Cricket Web permission to bring to you the full video coverage from The National Bank Cricket Company on 16th March 2006, which includes the following:

# Full Coverage of the Fleming/Richardson Hoax
# Highlights from the South Africa/Australia 5th ODI
# New Zealand's 1983 tour of England
# 6 Ball Slog, summer series highlights
# Dwayne Bravo - career profile
# Dion Nash - life after cricket

See the news item here
Wow James , you are putting us on the map. great work dude

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
The file is a bit on the large side for a 30-minute programme. Any chance of getting Cricket Company every week? I don't have Sky...