• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fleming Rips into Richardson

Dal

Cricket Spectator
Odd, why would they not want it on the net if they showed it to anyone with sky sports last night?

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
It's pretty unfair to be calling some people on here conspiracy theorists. You'd have to be pretty naive to assume that corporations (and governments for that matter) tell the truth all the time. If they're so honest, why the need for PR?

I'm not saying I think this wasn't all a brilliant hoax, but there's no need to be making fun of those who were on the other side of the argument (although C_C possibly deserves everything he gets).

Remember, the karma police will get you in the end ;-)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Dal said:
Odd, why would they not want it on the net if they showed it to anyone with sky sports last night?
The impression they gave me, was that they didn't want it being posted on the internet.

I'll email them now, and find out.

dantheman

Cricket Spectator
Voltman said:
Have you bothered to read any of my recent posts?

Thought not.
Yes volty I have, chill out mate, I am just laughing at you because you were so damm certain it was for real.

Dick Rockett

dantheman said:
Yes volty I have, chill out mate, I am just laughing at you because you were so damm certain it was for real.
As if you've never been wrong about anything before.

Pharnos

Cricket Spectator
Not allowed sorry, until we receive confirmation from Sky.
**edited by Jamesoi**

Last edited:

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
mundaneyogi said:
Wow, thanks for that well thought out and highly informative observation.
i award know, i did pat myself for that, but i think i deserve some kinda special award, where do i send my nomination for the best post award, this thread is full of very good posts, but mine is the best.

Dick Rockett

maxpower said:
i award know, i did pat myself for that, but i think i deserve some kinda special award, where do i send my nomination for the best post award, this thread is full of very good posts, but mine is the best.
I'd respond, but I only speak English.

Blaze

Banned
C_C said:
You obviously are approaching this with an agenda. Looking for a career in PR business, are you ?
I don't see how you can still be un sure... It's not as if they would have had lots of time to come back out and do another shot of them laughing about it, Fleming was in the middle of preparing for a day of test cricket...

C_C

International Captain
Blaze said:
I don't see how you can still be un sure... It's not as if they would have had lots of time to come back out and do another shot of them laughing about it, Fleming was in the middle of preparing for a day of test cricket...

Yes, the nets are so far away from the ground isnt it ? Takes like a whole TV crew and an entire lighting crew to show up and do a 'here stand here and laugh around' stuff doesnt it ?
It might as well be a hoax but i dont see it as 'oh right. that was straightforward and done-deal' stuff.

Blaze

Banned
C_C said:
Yes, the nets are so far away from the ground isnt it ? Takes like a whole TV crew and an entire lighting crew to show up and do a 'here stand here and laugh around' stuff doesnt it ?
It might as well be a hoax but i dont see it as 'oh right. that was straightforward and done-deal' stuff.

It is as straightforward as it gets. The fact that there was a second camera set up from behind Fleming as he was walking off and ripping into Richardson further reinforces that it was a set up.

And the fact that Richardson was wet in exactly the same places both in the interview and then after when they were laughing about it?

And they wouldn't have known it was going to come up on the net if it was 'real'. They would have only found out at the end of the days play, they would have had no time to do a cover up as the delay in play was only 2 hours long and it came up on the net after that.

C_C

International Captain
The fact that there was a second camera set up from behind Fleming as he was walking off and ripping into Richardson further reinforces that it was a set up.
Could be...but it wasnt a continous play or the same scene/reel..it was a different shot..could've been shot as a last minute patchup too.

And they wouldn't have known it was going to come up on the net if it was 'real'. They would have only found out at the end of the days play, they would have had no time to do a cover up as the delay in play was only 2 hours long and it came up on the net after that.
You seriously think that this site isnt read by commentators or players and a few hours time isnt enough to be aware of a situation ?

Like i said- it could be a hoax, it could be a coverup. I dont care much really but it isnt as cut and dried as you like to make it out as.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
At the end of the "first video" you can hear someone kind of laughing. On this new video you can hear the same laugh.

C_C

International Captain
NZTailender said:
At the end of the "first video" you can hear someone kind of laughing. On this new video you can hear the same laugh.
I was laughing too when i heard fleming launch into his tirade ( faked or real) and doing a brilliant imitation of Apu (simpsons) with his 'rriddi-cool-us'