• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Smith and Ponting choose Flintoff

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
I'd take Flintoff and Warne. Then you get yourself a world-class pace bowler, a world-class spinner, and a high-class batsman all together.
Flintoff, a high-class batsman?
Still, I'd say, very debatable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
I thought it was in a general way, not in a team-specific way. :ph34r:

In that case, I'd take Gilchrist and Warne. Although how happy they'd be at playing for England I'm not sure. :laugh:
I'd take Sangakkara over Gilchrist any day, and especially now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Armadillo said:
IMO, Pollock is becoming rather ineffective these days.
Err, what? Pollock is currently bowling far better than he's bowled for 3 or 4 years.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
For Australia... Flintoff and Murali. Murali is the best bowler in the world outside of Australia, and Flintoff is probably next, and a capable batsman as well. As was said earlier in the thread, they could bowl with Warne, McGrath and Lee.
What would fascinate me is... how many of the "no-ball" chants would disappear if Murali were to line-up for Aus... :laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

the_last_rites

Cricket Spectator
Armadillo said:
IMO, Pollock is becoming rather ineffective these days.
tut tut tut for someone who just topped the bowling and batting averages for his country in the just concluded ODI series with Australia in South Africa, i'd say thats definitely harsh
:laugh:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
For NZ, we need a good top order batsman so i'd take Ponting. And we also need another good quick bowler to go with Bond so i'd take Brett Lee.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tim said:
For NZ, we need a good top order batsman so i'd take Ponting. And we also need another good quick bowler to go with Bond so i'd take Brett Lee.
Brett Lee? NZ should choose a McGrath or other world class bowler of a different mould, shouldn't they?

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
LongHopCassidy said:
Shaun Udal and Mick Lewis.

But seriously, Simon Jones and Shoaib Akhtar.
Mick Lewis has done a lot for the one day game. Remember how people were saying that ODI's were boring? Mick has given them the flick. Now managed to contribute to the two highest run chases in history. What a legend.