Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair cuts in school

Hair cuts in school

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/...728691,00.html

Freedom of expression came at a high price for a teenager sent home from school for styling his hair like his cricketing hero Kevin Pietersen.

Although Pietersen has now shaved off his trademark hairdo, its punk spirit lives on in 15-year-old Carl Ferris, right, who refused to go back to class after being ordered by teachers to get rid of his "extreme" style. Carl, who attends Westfield community school in Somerset, saved his Christmas money to pay for the two-toned, spiky black cut, which cost £60. But when he arrived at school earlier this week, he was told by teachers that it was "too extreme". Rather than shave it off, as his hero has now done for the current Test tour in India, Carl, from Yeovil, chose to go home - and not return.

Article continues
    Carl's father, Roy, claimed his son's decision was a human rights issue. "I was told two-toned hair wasn't tolerated and it had to be a single, natural colour," he said yesterday. "It's an invasion of human rights and how he chooses to express himself."

Mr Ferris said a number of girls at his son's school had two-toned hairstyles but had not been told to change them.

Carl, who has missed dozens of classes during the stand-off, yesterday moved to a compromise position with a shorter haircut, although the streak remained defiantly in place.

"He likes to glam it up a bit on the weekend and I don't see anything wrong with that," his father said.

From The Guardian

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar

Battles between schools and student\parents are not something that'll go away.
    School "uniform" can be stupid enough as it is, and there've been many cases which have made them look hairy in human-rights terms.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

This is a secret movement to subdue the KP Cult IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/...728691,00.html

Freedom of expression came at a high price for a teenager sent home from school for styling his hair like his cricketing hero Kevin Pietersen.

Although Pietersen has now shaved off his trademark hairdo, its punk spirit lives on in 15-year-old Carl Ferris, right, who refused to go back to class after being ordered by teachers to get rid of his "extreme" style. Carl, who attends Westfield community school in Somerset, saved his Christmas money to pay for the two-toned, spiky black cut, which cost £60. But when he arrived at school earlier this week, he was told by teachers that it was "too extreme". Rather than shave it off, as his hero has now done for the current Test tour in India, Carl, from Yeovil, chose to go home - and not return.

Article continues
    Carl's father, Roy, claimed his son's decision was a human rights issue. "I was told two-toned hair wasn't tolerated and it had to be a single, natural colour," he said yesterday. "It's an invasion of human rights and how he chooses to express himself."

Mr Ferris said a number of girls at his son's school had two-toned hairstyles but had not been told to change them.

Carl, who has missed dozens of classes during the stand-off, yesterday moved to a compromise position with a shorter haircut, although the streak remained defiantly in place.

"He likes to glam it up a bit on the weekend and I don't see anything wrong with that," his father said.

From The Guardian

So is being forced to wear ridiculously outdated school uniforms. They should have come up with some religious excuse to have that haircut and the school wouldn't have dared to do anything.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    This is a secret movement to subdue the KP Cult IMO.
    It'll be fruitless.
    Someone who is loved to love and loved to hate so much is never going to have his cult subdued.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    So is being forced to wear ridiculously outdated school uniforms. They should have come up with some religious excuse to have that haircut and the school wouldn't have dared to do anything.
    You've been there before, remember?
    I'd tread carefully if I were you.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    None of you are qualified to talk about bad school uniforms. This is what I had to wear:

http://www.archivist.f2s.com/bsu/Blcoat.htm

*waits for ******* of laughter/abuse*

And incidentally, I know loads of the guys in those photos (the more modern ones, anyway!).

EDIT: Haha! The word t-o-r-r-e-n-t is in the swear filter.

Nigh****chman is one thing but this has to take the biscuit for "most spectacular piece of filtering" so far.
    Any ideas why?

EDIT: you've probably escaped the tor-rent of abuse, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard

Nigh****chman is one thing but this has to take the biscuit for "most spectacular piece of filtering" so far.
    Any ideas why?

EDIT: you've probably escaped the tor-rent of abuse, now.
    To stop people posting links to tor-rents where you can watch live games online, probably. It won't be long before the word "stream" is in there too, probably.

It probably will probably be something to do with that... probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    It probably will probably be something to do with that... probably.
    I picked up on that myself, actually. Was gonna edit and change it, but I probably just couldn't be bothered.

Probably.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    None of you are qualified to talk about bad school uniforms. This is what I had to wear:

http://www.archivist.f2s.com/bsu/Blcoat.htm

*waits for ******* of laughter/abuse*

And incidentally, I know loads of the guys in those photos (the more modern ones, anyway!).

EDIT: Haha! The word t-o-r-r-e-n-t is in the swear filter.

Jeez, that's tantamount to child abuse!!!
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby

Jeez, that's tantamount to child abuse!!!
    I was wondering what you'd think of that.

Upside is if you're very, very lucky, you can sell the coat to a rich Japanese tourist for £1,000, like some guy did about eight years ago. He got expelled for it though.

Now, WHY would a Japanese tourist want that?
    Founder & President of VSAS

Quote Originally Posted by chekmeout
    Now, WHY would a Japanese tourist want that?
    Ask a Japanese tourist....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information