• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Ground In World

What's the Best Cricket ground in the world

• MCG

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Lord's

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • The Oval

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • S.C.G

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Eden Park

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Antigua

• Lahore

• Wanderers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eden Gardens, India

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Newlands

• Birmingham

• Kandy

• Edgbaston

• The Backyard

• None

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoyForPM

Cricket Spectator
In My opinion the MCG is the best, as i have attended there with 90000 other fans on Boxing Day.
I have also attended Lords which is full of rich tradition and lives up the the reputation.
I know the atmosphere in the Sub-Continent would be amazing, as would sitting in the Granstand at the carribean. But What is the Best Cricket Ground in the World?
Eden park comes to mind too as does the Oval, SCG, Adelaide oval

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I firstly look to English and Australian grounds. Lords is the home of cricket, although you can make an argument the slopes there are annoying. Edgbaston has been the home of the best cricket, both ODI and Test I've ever seen.

In Australia there's only one choice for me, the SCG. Not a seamers wicket, but the stands look so beautiful and traditional. Lords has ugly new structures, while the SCG sort of blends stands that are 100 years old etc. Great cricket can be played there too.

There was a stadium in India that stood out when I saw an India vs. Australia ODI that had about 110,000 people there. That was an awesome atmosphere that felt like a world cup game. That was special.

Nothing should be mentioned from New Zealand. Eden Park is the worst ground in the world for international cricket. Some of Pakistan's grounds are out of the city, which hurts them.

There's been so many great grounds in South Africa that I can't remember which ones I like.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Its Eden Garden Calcutta, no other ground can match it. Its extremely beautiful, one of the biggest in the world and the number of spectators who watch the match in the ground are unparallel in the entire cricket world.Also the spectators are very sporting and appeciate good cricket.

Blaze

Banned
The MCG isn't a cricket ground, it's a concrete stadium... :ph34r:

The Adelaide Oval is my favourite Aus ground.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I can tell which is/was the worst ground in the world(its being renovated big way) - Feroze Shah Kotla, Delhi.

Ming

State 12th Man
No one in their right mind would nominate Eden Park as one of the best grounds in the world.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Coldstream Cricket Club, 15 minutes south east of Ashburton. We got changed in the hall, and had to cross the road to get onto the field (which was normally a paddock).

But seriously, I don't think any of NZ's multi-purpose venues could be within cooee of this title. The Basin Reserve has some historic and aesthetic value, and the Queenstown Events Centre has plenty of the latter but not much of a reputation as a cricket ground yet. I do hope some international cricket is played at Dunedin's University Oval in the near future - it's a picturesque ground with a nice grandstand, and a great media centre - literally perched on top of one of the sightscreens.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Ming said:
No one in their right mind would nominate Eden Park as one of the best grounds in the world.
I would like to believe its a typo and he meant Eden Gardens