• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hussey Best in World

Best All-Rounder in one day cricket

• Andy Symonds

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Jacques Kallis

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Andrew Flintoff

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Brett Lee

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • None of Above

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoyForPM

Cricket Spectator
Mike Hussey's is obviously an outstanding Cricketer but is he the best Batsmen in the World right now, Who is the Best batsmen, Keeper, Bowler, All-Rounder, Fielder
Heres mine
Bat-Hussey
Bowl-Warne
Keep-Dhoni
All-Round-Flintoff/Symonds
Field-Symonds

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Husseys no where near the best batsman.

Dhoni isnt the best keeper.

Symonds isnt close to being the best all rounder.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
RoyForPM said:
Mike Hussey's is obviously an outstanding Cricketer but is he the best Batsmen in the World right now, Who is the Best batsmen, Keeper, Bowler, All-Rounder, Fielder
Heres mine
Bat-Hussey
Bowl-Warne
Keep-Dhoni
Field-Symonds
8-)

iamdavid

International Debutant
Naaah lol...Does his job very well he's been a revelation in the roll the selectors have cast him in...but he's got a way to go

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
In my highly prejudiced opinion,

Bat-Sehwag
Bowl-Bond
Keep-Dhoni
All-Round-Flintoff (I would rate Pathan higher than Symonds..Wait and watch guys!)
Field-Symonds

Cheers!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
lee an allrounder? fraid not. Personally i would say that razzaq or pollock are better one day players than most of those listed.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty limited list, but for me it's Flintoff slightly ahead of Symonds, in ODIs. Symonds is probably a better batsman and certainly much better in the field, but the fact that Flintoff is quite close in the batting area and is also a frontline bowler puts him clear.

I don't know if Lee really qualifies as an all-rounder in ODIs yet, but he's really not that far behind Pollock as a batsman in the last couple of years, so he's not too far off. Not really one of the best all-rounders in the world, though.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
sledger said:
lee an allrounder?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Not only has he suddenly become an allrounder, but he's also suddenly become better than Razzaq, Afridi, Bravo, Pollock, etc. 8-)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
I don't know if Lee really qualifies as an all-rounder in ODIs yet, but he's really not that far behind Pollock as a batsman in the last couple of years,
Actually the only reason he's close is because half of his innings have been not outs.

And the main reason for that is that Pollock can be trusted at 6 or 7.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Actually the only reason he's close is because half of his innings have been not outs.

And the main reason for that is that Pollock can be trusted at 6 or 7.
Pollock usually bats at 8... which is precisely where Lee bats most of the time. Mind you, I don't think Lee is as good as Pollock with the bat or anything, but in the last couple of years their performances are quite comparable, as with Vettori and Bravo adn so on. If Lee keeps batting like he has recently in the long term he'll justify being called an all-rounder in ODIs, I think.

Blaze

Banned
Brett Lee has the ability to be an all rounder in both forms of the game, the results will start to come soon IMO. (They have already started)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
If Lee keeps batting like he has recently
What? Averaging 15 runs an innings (like he has done since the beginning of 2005) with just 6 scores above 20, including on 50, and a batting average vastly inflated by not outs? He's a bowler who can bat well, but not an allrounder.

Dean

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
IWould have Boucher keeping in my team any day, Gilchrest is good, but as a keeper, Boucher is more exciting.

Ricky Ponting is the World's best batsman- and probally comes close to the top 20 of all time.

Warne no doubt the best bowler, I hope he destroys Murali...

Fielder: Hmmm, Ponting, Symonds, Collingwood, Gibbs, de Villiers... Tough choice.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
chekmeout said:
In my highly prejudiced opinion,

Bat-Sehwag
Bowl-Bond
Keep-Dhoni
All-Round-Flintoff (I would rate Pathan higher than Symonds..Wait and watch guys!)
Field-Symonds

Cheers!
Best bowlers in The World generally have to have influenced more than 1 (meaningful) Test. Good as Bond is in ODIs and however much potential he has in Tests, calling him the best bowler in The World is hopelessly premature.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Pollock usually bats at 8... which is precisely where Lee bats most of the time.
So how come Pollock's career has more games at 7 then anywhere else?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
RoyForPM said:
Heres mine
Bat-Hussey
Bowl-Warne
Keep-Dhoni
Field-Symonds
Here's mine

Opener : Jaffer (which opener in the world has a better record in the last four years in tests?) :dry:
Batsman : Yuvraj
Bowler : Munaf Patel (Awesome, earth shattering, breath taking etc etc etc)
Keeper : Gilchrist (repaying the kindness shown to my countrymen)
All Rounder : Pathan (the younger brother I hesitate to add)
Fielder : Raina/Kaif/Yuvraj (take your pick)

- SJSforPresident

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Opener: Hamish Marshall
Batsman: Craig McMillan
Bowler: Mick Lewis
Keeper: Parthiv Patel
All-rounder: Justin Vaughan
Fielder: It was Ian Bradshaw until he caught Styris yesterday.

howardj

International Coach
Best ODI all-rounder:
Flintoff

Best ODI Batsman:
Ponting

Best ODI Bowler:
Lee

Most Valuable ODI Player:
Symonds

The only caveat on the above is that I haven't seen all that much of sub-continent teams in the last couple of years. However, I'd be surprised if any of those guys could gazzump the abovementioned.