• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India-Pakistan at Abu Dhabi

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
Good day folks....

India - Pakistan are playing two games at Abhu Dhabi on April 18th and 19th (Source: CricInfo) .. It'll be after 8 years that they are playing at a neutral venue .. (Looks like work of the Pawar camp)... To me, living in this part of the world, this is great news...

Would any of you be having any idea as to when the tickets would go on sale, the costs and where to buy them from etc.??

Thanks a lot

Cheers!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fantastic!

I'll be living in Dubai by then and hope to see many CW friends there!

social

chekmeout said:
Good day folks....

India - Pakistan are playing two games at Abhu Dhabi on April 18th and 19th (Source: CricInfo) .. It'll be after 8 years that they are playing at a neutral venue .. (Looks like work of the Pawar camp)... To me, living in this part of the world, this is great news...

Would any of you be having any idea as to when the tickets would go on sale, the costs and where to buy them from etc.??

Thanks a lot

Cheers!
Chekmeout,

obviously you live in the region - what's the club cricket scene like there?

Dont really want to play in the heat but wouldnt mind some involvement.

social

Apparently Abu Dhabi has a 35000 seater stadium.

Given the no. of Indians and Pakistanis in the region, it should be a great atmosphere.

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
I live in the Sultanate of Oman ... It's right next to the UAE... 4 hours by road from Dubai..

Well I'm still at school and the school cricket scene is great... I mean theres an annual U-15 and U-19 competition with close to 10 schools competing in each... There are national teams for all age groups that compete in ACC trophies.. I represented Oman U-17 at the Asian Cricket Council Trophy in Malaysia last year....

And then there's an open league divided into 10 divisions with around 7-8 teams in each division. There are no "clubs" as such but every major company has their own league team. Games are played on weekends, 25 overs a side. It's pretty competitive..I mean the top two divisions play 50 over games and there players are actually paid for playing games and stuff.... The only downside.. Outfields of sand and it's really hot! And as of now the sport is still mostly played by expatriates from the subcontinent but it's slowly spreading amongst the locals....

However, the scene in the UAE is much better with around 20 turf cricket pitches with green outfields.. close to 200 competitive teams or something... There's cricket all through the year with a variety of tournaments from Inter-School to open floodlit tournaments during the month of Ramadan and loads of other club tournaments in between...So yeah you should find cricket easy to find :)

Cheers!

social

marc71178 said:
I would imagine he'd be supporting Cricket.
Too true!

Currently I spend about 10 days per month in the UAE and the cricket coverage is excellent - comprehensive media reports from around the globe.

Whilst it's not an issue in Dubai, my wanderings have even led me to an Irish Bar in Abu Dhabi that screens many tests live (along with the odd pint or 9)

social

chekmeout said:
I live in the Sultanate of Oman ... It's right next to the UAE... 4 hours by road from Dubai..

Well I'm still at school and the school cricket scene is great... I mean theres an annual U-15 and U-19 competition with close to 10 schools competing in each... There are national teams for all age groups that compete in ACC trophies.. I represented Oman U-17 at the Asian Cricket Council Trophy in Malaysia last year....

And then there's an open league divided into 10 divisions with around 7-8 teams in each division. There are no "clubs" as such but every major company has their own league team. Games are played on weekends, 25 overs a side. It's pretty competitive..I mean the top two divisions play 50 over games and there players are actually paid for playing games and stuff.... The only downside.. Outfields of sand and it's really hot! And as of now the sport is still mostly played by expatriates from the subcontinent but it's slowly spreading amongst the locals....

However, the scene in the UAE is much better with around 20 turf cricket pitches with green outfields.. close to 200 competitive teams or something... There's cricket all through the year with a variety of tournaments from Inter-School to open floodlit tournaments during the month of Ramadan and loads of other club tournaments in between...So yeah you should find cricket easy to find :)

Cheers!
Thanks for the info.

BTW, you live in one of the world's most beautiful regions - magnificent coast-lines and varied wild-life. Really an undiscovered gem.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Oh No !! Not again. We dont want to start all these useless Sharjah crap again. Sharjah, Toronto etc was the worst thing that could happen to Ind-Pak ODIs in 90s and IMO we were better off without those matches. I hope India sends a team led by Md. Azharuddin with ajay Jadeja as VC, Nayan Mongia, Navjot sidhu, Manoj Prabhakar, Ajay sharma etc..I am sure they would still make a competitive team.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Another useless OD series that no-one will remember in two years' time. If I had my way, OD series would be limited to three ODIs per Test tour or a six game triangular incorporating the home side and two Test tourists.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
Oh No !! Not again. We dont want to start all these useless Sharjah crap again. Sharjah, Toronto etc was the worst thing that could happen to Ind-Pak ODIs in 90s and IMO we were better off without those matches. I hope India sends a team led by Md. Azharuddin with ajay Jadeja as VC, Nayan Mongia, Navjot sidhu, Manoj Prabhakar, Ajay sharma etc..I am sure they would still make a competitive team.
Depends who the bookies would want to win it ;)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its not 'another' useless ODI series, because they haven't added any ODIs to the schedule. Its just a normal useless ODI series.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently India and Pakistan are in talks with the ECB about playing a couple of games in the UK in the summer. If this happens would love to see a game at the Oval, never had the pleasure of watching Sachin, Inzi and co, would be a great atmosphere as well.

adharcric

International Coach
They should limit the number of India-Pakistan matches. Soon enough, it'll lose the charm that makes it so special and entertaining. One series (both test and odi together) every 2 years, with each nation getting one every 4 years ... that would be ideal. I'd love to see an India-Pakistan-England tri-series in England or something like that.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, not a fan of tri-series, IMO all tri-series should be banned and it should start with VB series. Most useless and boring series I have ever watched.

IMO VB series should be replaced by Odis between Australia and the visiting team.