Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: The 12(current) Best young Test Batsmen.......Let us Continue !!!

  1. #1
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    5

    The 12(current) Best young Test Batsmen.......Let us Continue !!!

    I know there must be a cut-off point for "young batsmen".....27 is to old and 26 is still young, so the cut-off point is 26 years & 364 days.

    Sehwag and Vettori just didn't make it, 27y 139d and 27y 40d respectively & i didn't rate A Cook( not yet 15 inn ) but very good bat.

    Qualification: Minimum 15 innings bat.

    It's just no surprise that the 2 South-Africans is on top by a long way.
    Stats as at before the current Eng / Ind. series.

    1. The Great Greame Smith ( 910.60 ): [/B]25y 35d
    75-5-3608-48.107-51.543

    2. AB de Villiers ( 836.14 ): 22y 19d
    25-1-1119-44.760-46.625

    3. K Pietersen ( 795.69 ): 25y 254d
    16-1-674-42.125-44.933

    4. I Bell ( 723.60 ): 23y 331d
    21-2-791-37.667-41.632

    5. R Sarwan ( 707.14 ): 25y 258d
    104-7-3884-37.346-40.041

    6. C Gayle ( 698.96 ): 26y 168d
    95-3-3569-37.568-38.793

    7. Yuvraj Singh ( 693.21 ): 24y 86d
    19-3-662-34.842-41.375

    8. M Clarke ( 653.86 ): 24y 340d
    31-2-1072-34.581-36.966

    9. Salman Butt ( 609.16 ): 21y 152d
    22-0-731-33.227-33.227

    10. Shoaib Malik ( 568.93 ): 24y 35d
    22-3-637-28.955-33.526

    11. Mohammad Kaif ( 469.86 ): 25y 97d
    16-1-398-24.875-26.533

    12. Mohammad Ashraful ( 447.54 ): 21 y 244d
    59-3-1406-23.831-25.107

    Stats don't tell the whole story, it tells the ONLY story

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,200
    What the hell are those random numbers?

  3. #3
    State Vice-Captain Armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Literate Essex- yes, it does exist!
    Posts
    1,092
    Are those the ICC rankings?
    Member of LSU (bowl part time pies)

    RIP Fardin

  4. #4
    International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Derby, England.
    Posts
    2,939
    .
    Member of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS)
    Member of CVAAS - go Joe

    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    I'm the church and I've come
    To claim you with my iron drum
    la la la la la la la la la la


    The wolves are running..


  5. #5
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    .
    Well said, sir.

  6. #6
    International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Derby, England.
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Well said, sir.
    I thank you.

  7. #7
    International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    4,066
    Good statistics,anything with Greame Smith and DeVilliers has to be good.

  8. #8
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    In cricketing terms, Sarwan, Gayle and Smith are hardly young.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."


  9. #9
    U19 Debutant RolledOver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by ManWatKen
    9. Salman Butt ( 609.16 ): 21y 152d
    22-0-731-33.227-33.227

    [
    L L @ Salman Butt

  10. #10
    International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lakemba, Sydney
    Posts
    2,107
    My top three would be Pietersen, Clarke and Yuvraj.


    Graeme Smith is massively overrated as are Sarwan and Gayle.
    Bell is overrated as well but to a lesser extent.

  11. #11
    U19 12th Man danish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by ManWatKen
    I know there must be a cut-off point for "young batsmen".....27 is to old and 26 is still young, so the cut-off point is 26 years & 364 days.

    Sehwag and Vettori just didn't make it, 27y 139d and 27y 40d respectively & i didn't rate A Cook( not yet 15 inn ) but very good bat.

    Qualification: Minimum 15 innings bat.

    It's just no surprise that the 2 South-Africans is on top by a long way.
    Stats as at before the current Eng / Ind. series.

    1. The Great Greame Smith ( 910.60 ): [/B]25y 35d
    75-5-3608-48.107-51.543

    2. AB de Villiers ( 836.14 ): 22y 19d
    25-1-1119-44.760-46.625

    3. K Pietersen ( 795.69 ): 25y 254d
    16-1-674-42.125-44.933

    4. I Bell ( 723.60 ): 23y 331d
    21-2-791-37.667-41.632

    5. R Sarwan ( 707.14 ): 25y 258d
    104-7-3884-37.346-40.041

    6. C Gayle ( 698.96 ): 26y 168d
    95-3-3569-37.568-38.793

    7. Yuvraj Singh ( 693.21 ): 24y 86d
    19-3-662-34.842-41.375

    8. M Clarke ( 653.86 ): 24y 340d
    31-2-1072-34.581-36.966

    9. Salman Butt ( 609.16 ): 21y 152d
    22-0-731-33.227-33.227

    10. Shoaib Malik ( 568.93 ): 24y 35d
    22-3-637-28.955-33.526

    11. Mohammad Kaif ( 469.86 ): 25y 97d
    16-1-398-24.875-26.533

    12. Mohammad Ashraful ( 447.54 ): 21 y 244d
    59-3-1406-23.831-25.107

    Stats don't tell the whole story, it tells the ONLY story
    I would have Kamran Akmal over Bell, Kaif and Ashraful any day.
    Q: What's your favourite animal?
    Steve Waugh: Merv Hughes.

    Fred Trueman:

    That was a tremendous six, the ball was still in the air as it went over the boundary.
    That's what cricket is all about. Two batsmen pitting their wits against one another.
    Anyone foolish enough to predict the outcome of this match is a fool.
    Unless something happens that we can't predict, I don't think a lot will happen.

    Ian Blackwell: It's just understanding foods and what to eat at certain times.

  12. #12
    International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamuddin
    My top three would be Pietersen, Clarke and Yuvraj.


    Graeme Smith is massively overrated as are Sarwan and Gayle.
    Bell is overrated as well but to a lesser extent.
    Please,explain how Smith is over-rated, everyone i know hates him and thinks he's crap, despite having the best record for a 'young' player around.

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,200
    Quote Originally Posted by open365
    Please,explain how Smith is over-rated, everyone i know hates him and thinks he's crap, despite having the best record for a 'young' player around.
    25 isn't particularly young for a professional sportsman. Nor is it old, though.

    And Graeme Smith is one of my favourite batsmen.

  14. #14
    International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    25 isn't particularly young for a professional sportsman. Nor is it old, though.

    And Graeme Smith is one of my favourite batsmen.
    Hence why i out young in ' ' marks, and he's had a fantastic record ever since he started anyway, not that i'm trying to argue as you like him to.

    He allways strikes me as a player who looks like he's played 50 more test matches than he really has, the way he played during his debut against England you would have thought he was a seasoned pro.

  15. #15
    International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,898
    Sehwag and Vettori just didn't make it, 27y 139d and 27y 40d respectively & i didn't rate A Cook( not yet 15 inn ) but very good bat.
    Vettori?

    "I bowl off-spin like Vettori, and bat like him too"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best batsman after Lara and Sachin
    By Pratters in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 30-01-2005, 11:10 PM
  2. England Are 2nd Best In Test Cricket
    By Shawn Badyk in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 08:52 AM
  3. The Future Champions of Test Cricket
    By Shawn Badyk in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 03:11 AM
  4. Can Australia survive without Warne and McGrath???
    By vandemataram in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 15-01-2003, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •