• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Similar Players

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Are there any players who you have watched and thought, the way they play cricket is amazingly like another player that I've seen in the past. I can think of a few...

Irfan Pathan = Wasim Akram (big swinger with big hitting ability)
Alaistar Cook = Stephen Fleming (compact, defensive technique)
Makhaya Ntini - Malcolm Marshall

Any others?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I won't win any awards for originality, but Strauss has clearly seen Langer play once or twice. Fidel Edwards is like a "mini-me" version of Thommo too.

My final one may be wishful thinking on my part, but Colly looked like nothing so much as a mirror image of Sir Graham Thorpe in the first test. Nudging, nurdling & rotating the strike v effectively.

That's the mockers put on him well & truly, obv! :p

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Lot of people used to compare Pushpakumara to Waqar Younis. Not in effectiveness, but in style. His nick name - "Little Waqar".

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kev Pietersen = Viv Richards. Same technical idiosyncracies and all......

I won't win any awards for originality, but Strauss has clearly seen Langer play once or twice.
See, I've heard this so many times too but I see a resemblence only in their off-side play. For mine, Strauss and Marty Love are much closer, almost literal mirror-images, especially when playing off the back-foot.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Top_Cat said:
Kev Pietersen = Viv Richards. Same technical idiosyncracies and all......

See, I've heard this so many times too but I see a resemblence only in their off-side play. For mine, Strauss and Marty Love are much closer, almost literal mirror-images, especially when playing off the back-foot.
I personally thought Love was a bit more upright (and typically laconic) in playing his back foot shots than Strauss.

Merv Dillon = Courtney Walsh.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
donald bradman = sachin tendulkar...

I have a new found respect now for sachin... I was watching a documentary on bradman's life and they spoke about how Bradman thought he was like Tendulkar and Bradman's wife actually said "they looked the same" when they batted. They then interviewed Tendulkar and he was so humble and held Bradman in such high reverence it was great.

howardj

International Coach
sirjeremy11 said:
Lou Vincent and Matthew Sinclair.

Regarding Vincent, it's been an on-going debate between two of my friends as to whether:

Lou Vincent = Greg Blewett

or

Lou Vincent = Damien Martyn

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Brian Lara and Sobers.

The same high backlift and full followthrough, the same high bat speed, the same full movement back and across right to the base of the stumps when playing back, the gloriously straight bat when driving off either foot. The biggest difference is physical.

For those who havent had the pleasure of seeing Sobers let me tell them that imagine a taller slightly more fluid Lara and you have Sobers.