• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the next big thing

Next big thing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Out of some up coming spinners who do you think is the biggest propoect?

- Dan Cullen
- Malinga Bandara
- Monty Panesar
- Emanul Haque Jnr
- Jetan Patel
- Jack McNamara
- Danish Kaneria
- Piyush Chawla

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Dave Mohammed. But in his absence, Python.

Btw, should Kaneria really be in there? He's pretty established now...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I was actually thinking about Dave, but decided against it cus we all know the Windies selectors have no idea when it comes to spin and he will probably never get more then a handful of games.

Kaneria is still young so quailfies IMO, Haque Jnr is also established now...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chaminda_00 said:
Whoops i was thinking about the tamil name Jehan when i wrote it, fixed...
You just got told how to spell something by 33/3from3.3 :laugh:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I have watch Bandara bowl and he is going to be the next superstar for Srilanka.

howardj

International Coach
Monty - may not be the next big thing.

But is the man England have been looking for - a spinner who is mildly threatening and economical.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Any chance of people explaining their choices, i would be very interested to see why people have picked the various bowler. Especially Piyush Chawla, from what i've read about he is rated very high.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Any chance of people explaining their choices, i would be very interested to see why people have picked the various bowler.
I picked me because of my big match temperament, my ability to give the ball a big rip and my wonderful drift.