• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somerset Sign Nixon McLean for 2003

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway please stop...you are exposing me to failiure...I might have a crap season if I have to talk about Tinu "Bang...there goes another 4" Yohannan...

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
It wasn't suppose to be funny in the first place.Premature judgement is often fatal, besides haven't u read what RIK had to say about the averages of the great WI bowlers of the 80's? According to the pundit the averages of those great bowlers were Rubbish!!

:frog::frog:

V Reddy

International Debutant
He just said that they were better bowlers because they bowled in tandem. He meant to say that if only one of them were there and no great bowler at the other end then their record would not have been that good. Marc it was posted in the Most Overrated player thread.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Right this has gone way too far. Anway what you said was not funny, not true and totally out of place on here. Keep the subject on cricket. I may have been saying Yohannan is crap but at least I'm talking about cricket rather than insulting you.

And if it wasn't supposed to be funny why did you put a :lol: at the end? That's supposed to symbolise that it's a joke...

[Edited on 24/10/2002 by Rik]

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by vishnureddy
He just said that they were better bowlers because they bowled in tandem. He meant to say that if only one of them were there and no great bowler at the other end then their record would not have been that good. Marc it was posted in the Most Overrated player thread.
Nope thats wasn't i was talking about, read this
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Rik...
I reccon its time for some of the WIndies pacemen...their average was rubbish (excluding Marshall)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Rik,
U have been insulting great bowler(i'm not talking about Tinu here).Ur views are insult to imagination, every second player is crap for u, that simply isn't cricket! I have said that something is wrong about ur judgement and that is a fact!

[Edited on 24/10/2002 by warrioryohannan]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by vishnureddy
Oh right, didn't remember that - had I done I would have responded.

I think Rik isn't aware what good averages really means as far as bowling is concerned, no wonder he has described the WI greats bowlers stats as Rubbish.

BTW, he doesn't like much cricketers , does he? and then he says he want to talk about cricket!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Errrrm I do think some players are good its just that most of the players I think are slightly overrated have been brought up.

Oh dear warrioryohannan you don't seem to understand the value of having different threads so that you can then bring comments about what I have said in that thread...in that thread. Also I said their averages were crap, oh dear, what a crime, now tell me, have you ever heard of a lighthearted joke? I was saying it as a joke...like J.O.K.E. or do I have to explain that as well? You take what I say too literally and then when your having a go at me you bring something from another thread which has nothing to do with it at all and decide to have a go at me again...Leave it please I've said stop it and I mean it I have had enough of this.

[Edited on 26/10/2002 by Rik]

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Now now dear u are on the verge of breaking down, why do u take everything so deeply??.The point of using ur comments from another thread was that if someone can write of Great bowlers like that , then that person can't be taken seriously.
I don't know what kind of joke it was, but atlest put the smily next to such jokes, on such jokes the smily will be the only one who would be laughing, i can assure u on that!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My personal view is that posts in other threads should not be used as they have been made in different contexts completely to the current topic - also posts from 6 months back shouldn't be used if the circumstances have changed a lot in the interim period.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Thats ur opinion and i disagree with it.Also, the post wasn't 6 months old, was hradly a week old!

Anyway, i think this topic is going no where , i have nothing much to say on it!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by marc71178
Because you've been proved wrong?
Proved wrong?? over what?? i said i wanted to stop because the thread was getting no where.

And I wasn't talking about a post from Rik.
U were obviously then talking about Neil's older post, lemme tell u fellow , the criteria for judging a cricketer is still the same, nothing have changed .20+ onedayers and 15+ test matches are the minimum a player must have played before one can pass a judgement based on stats.