• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let's Make Fun of Srinath!!!

adharcric

International Coach
This is your chance to ridicule the greatest commentator of the modern era. A true living legend ...

"That's a beautiful cover drive through covers!"

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thank you. Hopefully we wont be flooded with talk on Srinath on the official thread now.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I haven't heard him yet, but surely he's not any worst than Waqar Younis was ???? :laugh: Is he ?

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
Nas is easily my fav commentator now. First i heard him commentate was in the pre-Ashes ODI and i was dissapointed he wasn't in Ashes comm lineup. Excellent analyser of captaincy, players mental states and always has a interesting fact at hand. In many ways is quite similar to M. Taylor. Would love to hear those 2 in the comm box together

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
parttimer said:
Nas is easily my fav commentator now. First i heard him commentate was in the pre-Ashes ODI and i was dissapointed he wasn't in Ashes comm lineup. Excellent analyser of captaincy, players mental states and always has a interesting fact at hand. In many ways is quite similar to M. Taylor. Would love to hear those 2 in the comm box together
Hussain's becoming a quite brilliant commentator - a refreshing foil to the more lowbrow Both/Boyks/Bumble playing to the galleries. I reckon Sky have got a nice balance.

I'm also impressed with Taylor - there's no substitute for intelligence.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Far out you guys are harsh on his commentary. He's not great, but he's not that bad to continously harp on about it. Plus, his articles are fantastic.
adharcric said:
I want to hear Botham, Jones and the players on the field. Just that clown ruins it.
BOTHAM?!

Why?

adharcric

International Coach
Jono said:
Far out you guys are harsh on his commentary. He's not great, but he's not that bad to continously harp on about it. Plus, his articles are fantastic.

BOTHAM?!

Why?
Honestly, I don't really hate Srinath or anything. I was trying to clear the main thread of the Srinath-obsessed talk by making this thread. He is rather annoying and can't help but make a mistake every 2 minutes (Kevin Pietersen = Peter Kirsten, Blackwell = Black = Bell, Harmison = Hoggard, etc). He does have some good ideas, but I'm sure there are plenty more who have good ideas AND can present a cricket match well to millions across the world.