• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

China Embrace Cricket!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Surprised nobody has mentioned China getting the next Olympic games..

Lets hope the athletes aren't worried about reading a non government controlled newspaper or watching television that hasn't been rigerously censored.. Oh and the smog!
The real point is, why have more than a quarter of the world's population been denied the games for so long?

Evermind

International Debutant
The Communist government will censor all the games China loses, so this may not be such a good thing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And someone said somewhere that the Chinese govornment's human-rights record was even worse than Zanu PF's... :blink: :eek:

Fiery

Banned
There wouldn't be much variation in their bowling attack, would there? They'd all bowl left-arm leg-spin :dry:

FRAZ

International Captain
Shut your businesses down i.e. G.M . Slazenger , CA , MB .
China bats are coming very soon and they wont suck blood of the poor cricketers like me !!!

Josh

International Regular
No Brad Hogg jokes.
Testeles, but I relate.

After training on Thursday night whilst sitting back in the rooms we saw a few blokes having a go in the nets. The bowler was of Asian decent, I heard a comment from across the room; "He's bowling right-arm chinamen".

Yikes.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We've seen 1,000,000 over-enthusiastic reports on this matter before, until some substance starts emerging there's nothing in it.

indeed we have, we'll make the world cup and win on debut!

otherwise, just you wait... we have a billion people, sure we can pick an XI out of them!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
indeed we have, we'll make the world cup and win on debut!

otherwise, just you wait... we have a billion people, sure we can pick an XI out of them!
Are you actually living in China? If so, where? Am asking as I lived in Shanghai for just over four years, and played quite a bit of cricket there too.

Kriketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
ICC should concentrate more on other Asian countries where there is interest & quite a number of cricket followers like Afghanistan, Nepal, Malaysia etc.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
What with China being such a huge nation, and near to three test playing nations, catching on will not be a problem. It certainly has potential, but narrow-minded partially racist jokes won't help

LA ICE-E

State Captain
it's ok that the icc are having projects like this, and if one out of 2 (other being usa) works then look at how much cricket would profit in everyway...from money to the olimpics...but at the same time the icc needs to put more money on nations that already has cricket as a major sport in the associates.

pup11

International Coach
China is the most populated country in the world, so for sure there would be loads of talent there i think the game just needs to be promoted in the right way there so the locals are attracted towards the game.

I think schools are the best place to introduce the game from, so that the children could learn more about the game.

I think ICC should seriously work on expanding the game on a global level now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
China is the most populated country in the world, so for sure there would be loads of talent there i think the game just needs to be promoted in the right way there so the locals are attracted towards the game.

I think schools are the best place to introduce the game from, so that the children could learn more about the game.
And it's doing that which will be one hell of a task. Those who simply presume it will happen are foolish. It'd be great if it did, but don't hold your breath - at least not for the next 30 years.