• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The McNamara Exclusive: Offbreaks and Scandal!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web forum member Jack McNamara was part of the Australian Under 19 squad that visited Sri Lanka for February's Under 19 World Cup. Whilst the side reached the Semi Final, before going down to the eventual winners, Pakistan, McNamara himself had a mixed tournament.

Here, he talks to fellow forum member Pratyush Khaitan about his experiences growing up, the tournament itself and his hopes for the future.

Read it all here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Awesome interview! Top stuff guys.

I loved the comments about what he's learnt and also the best players he saw on the tour. Really interesting stuff. :)

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Jack, can you please explain what's wrong with Anwar Ali's action.
Otherwise great interview!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Excellent interview - very interesting.

I hang my head in shame at coining the expression "Australia's answer to Ashley Giles" - I'm sure that Jack will have a great future and I look forward to seeing him be Australia's best bowler in the 2011 or whenever Ashes series, struggling manfully and brilliantly in exactly the same way that Warney did in 2005 (with the same series result ;))

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
I dunno LE, Gilo ain't so bad is he? I'd gladly snap up his international career if it was offered personally.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Armadillo said:
Jack, can you please explain what's wrong with Anwar Ali's action.
Otherwise great interview!
There's nothing wrong with regards to it being illegal or anything like that.

It's just the strain that it'd put on his back. Being a right armer, he bowls the biggest inswingers I've ever seen. And to do that, his trunk ends up going at a 90 degree angle, with his head parallel to the ground.

He's a bloody good bowler, but he'd need some sort of super back to stand the stress.

brockley

International Captain
Any chance of lining up with the tasmanian tigers next year Jack heard they are looking for a spinner with xavier doherty's 4 day form so bad as it has been,or are you going to try your luck with the vics next season.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"His lines are always pretty good, but it's his length that I most enjoy"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhh, sorry mate! Great interview! Just couldn't help myself...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I read that interview a few days back. Juz didn't have a place to give feedback at. Great interview, Pratyush and Jack. It is good to hear an insider view of the under 19 talent in the cricketing world. :)