• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Can This Happen?!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It probably works on a higher early run rate rule. Multan most likely had a higher score at a certain spot they picked in the innings.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Aha! Found it...

Multan Tigers beat Karachi Zebras by virtue of having made more runs in the first 10 overs (94 as opposed to 82) after both sides ended 173 for nine .

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be more interested in the following incident:

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/238975.html

Mohammad Ashfaq was one away from a maiden century (and the third in Pakistan's Twenty20), three were needed for victory and Najaf Shah promptly came along and bowled a deliberate leg-side wide which went for four. Ashfaq, tragically, remained unbeaten on 99, Lahore moved closer to the semi-finals, Rawalpindi further away from it, but Lahore refused to shake hands with their opponents so upset were they at the act. Competition lives on.

Beleg

International Regular
Multan Tigers forever! It's nice to see the hometown winning at something.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Well i think they would done it on wickets remaining normally but with both sides 9 wickets down they couldn't do it that way.

Plus i don't get why so many people miss the wickets in a bowl-out, surely you would just bowl gentle-full tosses off like two steps?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
I'd be more interested in the following incident:

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/238975.html

Mohammad Ashfaq was one away from a maiden century (and the third in Pakistan's Twenty20), three were needed for victory and Najaf Shah promptly came along and bowled a deliberate leg-side wide which went for four. Ashfaq, tragically, remained unbeaten on 99, Lahore moved closer to the semi-finals, Rawalpindi further away from it, but Lahore refused to shake hands with their opponents so upset were they at the act. Competition lives on.
That's outrageous! It sounds like the bowler knew his side were going to lose, so he decided to throw away the game deliberately, just to prevent an opposing batsman getting a century. One of the worst pieces of sportsmanship I've ever seen. :mad:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its a mystery that everyone at my cricket club couldn't quite understand. Randomly on a hot day a few weeks ago around 6-8 guys were bowling at the stumps and at least 4-5 people hit the stumps once in their 2 attempts. I mean I understand there's pressure (although really how much pressure was there in the bowl-off?) but come on.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Stick with bowl offs, Then you bring an underarm fast bowler in.:ph34r: (Would you be allowed to use an underarm bowler in any form of cricket?) :laugh:

open365

International Vice-Captain
The only reason people like bowl outs is because it gives us a smug sense of satisfaction that we would probably hit the stumps more times than they do.