• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Sri Lanka

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Yes I was coming in to ask the question that has been posed above.

I did see an advert for it on ARY digital but it mentioned a 90 Euro fee to subscribe. Im not sure if that applies to us here in the UK. Can anyone enlighten me?

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Is that Channel 792?

Im not trying to proove you wrong or anything as you know more about the channel than me, but I dont see any listings for the game on Friday?

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
I'm not surprised that they don't have listings yet, they have to be one of the most disorganised channels I've ever seen. But yeah, definately ARY (792)

Fusion

Global Moderator
no1_gangsta_786 said:
The matches will be shown on ARY Digital(792). They have now written it in the TV listings and it will start at 8.00am UK time.
So in UK it's being shown free?? Lucky you! I have dish network in US, and since their competitor has the rights to the series, I don't get to see it! :@

billie424

Cricket Spectator
Sanz said:
West Indies, Australia both. Despite looking very good they didn't win the series in India, Pakistan team of 90s did (well if you include the ATC test in Kolkata).

Pakistan team of 90s would have easily won the test series against this WI team.

Look the match pakistan lost in westindies last year was when they were playing without Inzi M.Yousaf, Shoiab Malik, Sami,Akhtar... This Pakistani team is very consistant.The Pakistani Batting lineup is very very strong and their middle order is as strong as Australia and India if not better.Yes they will miss Akhtar no doubt but I still feel they are a good enough side to beat Sri Lanka. Especially after the ordinary performance shown by the Srilankan against Bangladesh. I think Sami should have been given a chance. Speacially when akhtar is Unfit you need pace to pressurize the opposition you cannot put the opposition on the back foot with medium fast bowlers when the ball is not swinging

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
SA said:
Umar Gul is still not 100% fit & Mohammad Irshad deserved to be there in his place.
Shoaib Ahmad, Mohd Irshad has done nothing of note to be picked for the national side.
Irshad is a loose cannon, probably worse than Sami.You sure you want to have him in your national side??

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
billie424 said:
[/B]

This Pakistani team is very consistant.The Pakistani Batting lineup is very very strong and their middle order is as strong as Australia and India if not better..
Consistent only on home pitches.

Actually they are consistent abroad too, have been consistently losing.

And yes, Pak batting is better than that of Aus and Ind:laugh:

I think Sami should have been given a chance
I can assure you that no one is more dissapointed than Lankan batsmen.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Fusion said:
So in UK it's being shown free?? Lucky you! I have dish network in US, and since their competitor has the rights to the series, I don't get to see it! :@
No its not being shown free. When you put the channel on it asks you to call a number to upgrade your subscription

billie424

Cricket Spectator
IndianByHeart said:
Consistent only on home pitches.

Actually they are consistent abroad too, have been consistently losing.

And yes, Pak batting is better than that of Aus and Ind:laugh:

I can assure you that no one is more dissapointed than Lankan batsmen.
look i don`t want to start an India Pakistan Battle over here. But it sounds very very awkward when Indians criticize other teams over their performances away from the subcontinent. After Australia Pakistan has the best away record
. I am not comparing the entire Pakistani batting lineup with the Australian lineup but yes the Pakistani middle order, at this point of time, perhaps is as good as the Australian Middle order if not better. Martyn, Ponting and Symonds are currently in the Australian middle order compared to Younas Khan, Mohammad Yousaf and Inzi. And the Indian middle order with the out of form Tendulkar and no Laxman looks ordinary the only player who treats the opposition is Dravid.
Sami is a great great Talent. He hasn’t been able to perform to his potential that’s true but there should be no doubt about his abilities to pressurize any opposition. He has pace swing, can seam the ball both ways has a great Yorker and a decent bouncer now what else do you want from a bowler. Yes that’s true he has under performed in the tests but still I believe his time will come.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
billie424 said:
look i don`t want to start an India Pakistan Battle over here. But it sounds very very awkward when Indians criticize other teams over their performances away from the subcontinent. After Australia Pakistan has the best away record
. .
I don't want to start any Indo-Pak battle myself, but just coz i'm an Indian doesn't mean i can comment on Pak team.As for away record, if you have a close look, this Inzi led Pak team has a very very poor away record.Pak use to have a good away record, but that was by a different team altogeather.

I am not comparing the entire Pakistani batting lineup with the Australian lineup but yes the Pakistani middle order, at this point of time, perhaps is as good as the Australian Middle order if not better. Martyn, Ponting and Symonds are currently in the Australian middle order compared to Younas Khan, Mohammad Yousaf and Inzi. And the Indian middle order with the out of form Tendulkar and no Laxman looks ordinary the only player who treats the opposition is Dravid.
Inzamam is a world class batsman, and i rate him above Tendulkar in the longer format of the game (current form)However as far as Younis and Yousuf are concerned they aren't all that great.Younis is a great force on the docile pitches of Indo-Pak but he's still unproven as a batsmen on overseas pitches.Yousuf is terrible on seaming wkts, and i can say that he will be a big failure on the comming Pak tour's of England.As such i don't see how you can rate Pak middle order so highly? I think Australians are way ahead of Pak and there should be no comparison between the two.As for Indians, with the decline of Tendulkar their middle order is not as great as it used to be, so maybe they are comparable to that of Pak.

Sami is a great great Talent. He hasn’t been able to perform to his potential that’s true but there should be no doubt about his abilities to pressurize any opposition. He has pace swing, can seam the ball both ways has a great Yorker and a decent bouncer now what else do you want from a bowler. Yes that’s true he has under performed in the tests but still I believe his time will come.
And i believe he's waste of time and pure garbage.The guy has been around for more than 2 years and has still not establised himself.There is a reason he's out of team and i think it will be better if Pakistan just abandoned him forever.

Speed without accuracy is useless.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
IndianByHeart said:
And i believe he's waste of time and pure garbage.The guy has been around for more than 2 years and has still not establised himself..
Sami has been around for 5 years now and after being around for 5 years, if you average 47, strike rate of 82, economy of 3.5t means you are worse than crap. Saying crap is basically praising him.

billie424

Cricket Spectator
IndianByHeart said:
Inzamam is a world class batsman, and i rate him above Tendulkar in the longer format of the game (current form)However as far as Younis and Yousuf are concerned they aren't all that great.Younis is a great force on the docile pitches of Indo-Pak but he's still unproven as a batsmen on overseas pitches.Yousuf is terrible on seaming wkts, and i can say that he will be a big failure on the comming Pak tour's of England.As such i don't see how you can rate Pak middle order so highly? I think Australians are way ahead of Pak and there should be no comparison between the two.As for Indians, with the decline of Tendulkar their middle order is not as great as it used to be, so maybe they are comparable to that of Pak.

Mohammad yousaf averages more than 60 in New Zealand ... where most batsmen from the sub-continent struggle because of the seamer friendly conditions and as far as English conditions are concerned he has only played 2 matches in England and he averages 23 which is no doubt a miserable average but you cannot judge the caliber of the player by 2 matches but his record in NZ proves, where he has played decent amount of test matches, that he is a decent player on seaming conditions as well.

I think Pakistani middle order is easily comparable with the Australian middle order. Gone are the days when the Aussies use to have Steve Waugh, Martyn and Ponting in their middle order or even Lehman, but now this Australian middle order is good but not great, as is the Pakistani middle order.

And BTW Martyn also struggles on seamer friendly tracks because of his lack of foot movement as he did in the Ashes series

I still believe Sami should have been given a chance, at least in the ODIs in which he averages in the late 20s specially speacially when akhtar is unfit.