• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batsman's worst bowlers

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I was hoping information from interviews yall have read might help me out. The bowlers batsmen hate to face most. Well from the interview I've read.

Chris Cairnes: Shane Warne
Michael Slater: Wasim Akram
Steve Waugh: Curtley Ambrose
Mark Taylor: Wasim Akram
Justin Langer: Muttiah Muralitharan
Darrel Cullinan: Shane Warne

Shame on me for not knowing some of the English players. But yeah we could also do a bowler who rates a batter if yall want.

pskov

International 12th Man
Harmison recently said Ponting is the best he's ever bowled to.

I think that Athernton's struggles against McGrath are legendary.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Atherton - any very good seamer (not bagging Atherton, great player, but he did seem to be naff against any decent seamer...)

Stewart - Warne

Gilchrist - Freddie :D

simmy

International Regular
Tom Halsey said:
Atherton - any very good seamer (not bagging Atherton, great player, but he did seem to be naff against any decent seamer...)
Same can be said for Vaughan. He looked woeful against McGrath at times. Saying that, he can really get into them and score quickly.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
simmy said:
Same can be said for Vaughan. He looked woeful against McGrath at times. Saying that, he can really get into them and score quickly.
Handled him okay in 2002/3...

I genuinely think Vaughan's batting recently has been badly affected by the captaincy.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Mohammad Yousuf - Irfan Pathan (Look at the no. of times Irfan Pathan has dismissed Mohammad Yousuf in both the 2004 and the 2006 series. Also, Yousuf has always struggled facing Irfan Pathan.)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
TIF said:
Mohammad Yousuf - Irfan Pathan (Look at the no. of times Irfan Pathan has dismissed Mohammad Yousuf in both the 2004 and the 2006 series. Also, Yousuf has always struggled facing Irfan Pathan.)
Even though, as I just mentioned in another thread, he averages 32.75 against him.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
TIF said:

Salman butt is worse than Yousuf, he just walk over to the crease to hand over his wkts to Pathan.